VC++ 5 & ATL: Deleting obsolete registry entries?
Author Message
 VC++ 5 & ATL: Deleting obsolete registry entries?

I'm developing a COM server using VC++ 5 & ATL wizards.  I decided to start over
with new project name, object name, etc.  Is there any automated way to remove
the old names from the registry, or must this be a manual procedure?

Dave Morgenlender

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VC++ 5 & ATL: Deleting obsolete registry entries?
If the server is an exe then running the exe from the command line with
/UnregServer or -UnregServer as the command line argument will remove old
registry entries.  If the server is a dll then you should run the
RegSvr32.exe utility with the command line args /u <dllname>.

Quote:
>I'm developing a COM server using VC++ 5 & ATL wizards.  I decided to start
over
>with new project name, object name, etc.  Is there any automated way to
remove
>the old names from the registry, or must this be a manual procedure?

>Dave Morgenlender

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Copy Registry Entry Without Deleting Old Entry ~ function call parameters not correct

2. Copy Registry Entry Without Deleting Old Entry ~ function call parameters not correct

3. ATL Objects & Registry entries with multiple interfaces

4. REQ: How do I delete Win95 registry entries?

5. REQ: How do I delete Win95 registry entries?

6. VC 6.0 Obsolete?

7. how to read and write registry entry

8. Using Attribute to add custom registry entries

9. ActiveX Control entries in registry

10. registry entry

11. about registry entry NoSaveSettings

12. Registry entry behavior is different for W95 ver W98