link search order with /nodefaultlib
Author Message
 link search order with /nodefaultlib

Good day,

Is there any way to override the libraries (DLLs) that are specified in
the .OBJ module by the compiler?
Even if I use the /nodefaultlib qualifier on the linker, it still seems
to create a dependency on the libs specified by the compiler in the .OBJ
module (dumpbin/dependents shows this dependency). Microsoft's
documentation says that it searches libs in the Object/Library dialogbox
list, then libs in /defaultlib, then libs specified in the OBJ module.

I am trying to link to my own customized version of the MFC library, but
the linker stills links with the standard version as this is specified
in the object module by the compiler.

Thank you,
Hubert Newman

Sat, 22 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Load order and DLL entry order of implicitly linked DLLs, Environment variables

2. linked lists (searching/moving a link)

3. the definitive ordering of -l searches

4. level order binary search

5. Importlib search order

6. Need to make compiler search directories in specific order

7. Include Search Order

8. Include File Search Order

9. Include File Search Order

10. Need to make compiler search directories in specific order

11. the order of searching included files

12. (DLL,RC) search order for resource in EXE and DLL