Classes disappear from workspace view
Author Message
 Classes disappear from workspace view

I have a very simple dialog based project.
It has only the following classes:-

CTestApp
CTestDlg

As soon as I add a member variable to the text box on the dialog, the class
CTestDlg disappears from the workspace view/window.

I can still see it in ClassWizard and the proect compiles prefectly, but why
does the class disappear from the view?
This makes it very hard to navigate the code!

I am using VC++6 Professional and SP5
It has only started happening since I applied SP2 to my Windows 2000 Pro.

-K

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 01:07:00 GMT
 Classes disappear from workspace view
This problem is possibly caused by the corrupt project intermediate files.

1. Close your project and delete the files with extension .opt, .ncb.

2. Also delete all your intermediate files which are under the debug and
release sub directory of the project.

3. Rebuild all your project.

The .ncb file contains information generated by the parser that is used by
ClassView, WizardBar, and Component Gallery. If this file is accidentally
or deliberately deleted, it is automatically regenerated. Make sure the
NCB file is not read only.

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 13:38:33 GMT
 Classes disappear from workspace view

Quote:

> As soon as I add a member variable to the text box on the dialog, the
> class CTestDlg disappears from the workspace view/window.

I've seen this happen when I edit a source file outside of Visual Studio.
Usually Class View "sees" it again when I edit and/or save the file back in
Visual Studio.

And of course, deleting the .NCB file causes Visual Studio to rescan your
sources.

--
dave

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 23:07:06 GMT
 Classes disappear from workspace view
Is there a fix for this? I have the same problem and it's quite annoying to
have to delete the .ncb file every time I want to add a member variable. Has
Microsoft acknowledged this bug?

Quote:
> This problem is possibly caused by the corrupt project intermediate files.

> 1. Close your project and delete the files with extension .opt, .ncb.

> 2. Also delete all your intermediate files which are under the debug and
> release sub directory of the project.

> 3. Rebuild all your project.

> The .ncb file contains information generated by the parser that is used by
> ClassView, WizardBar, and Component Gallery. If this file is accidentally
> or deliberately deleted, it is automatically regenerated. Make sure the
> NCB file is not read only.

Fri, 19 Mar 2004 03:00:24 GMT
 Classes disappear from workspace view
Hi Ned,

This is not a bug of product. This problem is related to the corrupted
files. The file may be corrupt ted by virus, or disk error, or else. To
delete the ncb file is a easy way to solve this problem.

Regards,
Billy

Sat, 20 Mar 2004 14:47:18 GMT
 Classes disappear from workspace view
If this problem occurs this often, then it sounds like a bug to me.  The
data used to create the NCB file has not been altered, so I would think that
if it can't be parsed to generate the ClassView, then it could be rebuilt
automatically.  I see this error most often with "I added a class and can't
see it in ClassView."  Which means there is a bug in the process to create
the NCB file.

Quote:
> Hi Ned,

> This is not a bug of product. This problem is related to the corrupted
> files. The file may be corrupt ted by virus, or disk error, or else. To
> delete the ncb file is a easy way to solve this problem.

> Regards,
> Billy

Sun, 21 Mar 2004 01:31:34 GMT

1. Class disappears from Class View?

2. Classes disappearing from class view

3. disappearing class view & disabled insert new class

4. Classes disappear from class view

5. Class Disappears from Class View

6. Classes disappear from "class view"

7. classes disappear from the class view

8. class disappearing from class view?

9. IDE Question: classes disappearing from class view

10. a class from class view of workspace missing !!

11. a class from class view of workspace missing !!

12. Class View in Workspace not accurate