VC++ 5.0 slow at processing ClassView??
Author Message
 VC++ 5.0 slow at processing ClassView??

I've got a rather large Workspace in VC++ 5.0 that has approximately 40
projects in it. When I open the .dsw file in an Intel machine it takes 37
seconds to process all the header files before my ClassView is useable, but
when I open the same .dsw file on an Alpha machine it takes over 8 minutes
to process the header files. Any clues here?

Yes, I have both NT4.0 SP3 and VisualStudio SP3 installed. On both machines
this is not the first time opening the .dsw file - I already know that the
first processing is slower, and that it caches the info for faster
subsequent project loads.

Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Slow ClassView - much slower than in VC++ 5.0

2. VC++ 6.0 SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW

3. ClassView scrolling much slower in VC++6?

4. VC 6.0 Beta (Release Candidate) - ClassView unusably slow

5. ClassView doesn't show classes in my VC++ 5.0

6. ClassView in VC 5.0 doesn't show my classes

7. 2 bugs (?) with ClassView in VC++ 5.0

8. vc++ 5.0; win2k - cant attach to process

9. MSAccess ODBC driver slow-down on upgrade from VC++ 5.0 to 6.0

10. VC 5.0 slow remote debugging?

11. Slow compiler in VC++ 5.0

12. Slow compiler in VC++ 5.0