LIBCMT linking problem (_main)
Author Message
 LIBCMT linking problem (_main)

Hi,

My ATL project compiles, links, and works well in debug version (setting:
multithread). But when I try to do the same whit Release MinDep version, The
following message comes:

LIBCMT.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main

I do not understand wath happend (I check my setting 10 times, all seems
correct):

1) Why it works in debug mode and not in release mode ?
2) where does  _main come from ?

Thanks for any help.

Serge

(Sorry for my english...)

Mon, 03 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LIBCMT linking problem (_main)

Serge Morisod a crit dans le message ...

Quote:
>Hi,

>My ATL project compiles, links, and works well in debug version (setting:
>multithread). But when I try to do the same whit Release MinDep version,
The
>following message comes:

>LIBCMT.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main

remove option _ATL_MIN_CRT in C/C++ setting Category General, field
Preprocessor definition

Tue, 04 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 LIBCMT linking problem (_main)

For more information, read Q165076 from the MS Knowledge Base, you'll
find the answers there.  Anyway, if you're in a hurry, try removing the
_ATL_MIN_CRT define from the project settings.  It worked for me.

Quote:

>Hi,

>My ATL project compiles, links, and works well in debug version
(setting:
>multithread). But when I try to do the same whit Release MinDep
version, The
>following message comes:

>LIBCMT.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main

>I do not understand wath happend (I check my setting 10 times, all
seems
>correct):

>1) Why it works in debug mode and not in release mode ?
>2) where does  _main come from ?

>Thanks for any help.

>Serge

>(Sorry for my english...)

Tue, 04 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. STLport 4.5.3 - linking with both libc and libcmt

2. libcmt.lib link error

3. Static linking, atoi and LIBCMT.LIB

4. link error with nafxcw.lib and libcmt.lib

5. Linking Problem when trying to create ReleaseUMinDependency[error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main]

6. main() vs int main() vs int main(void)

7. newbie question....int main, void main, main

8. Linking error 2019 unresolved external symbol _main when porting to .NET

9. Linking error 2019 unresolved external symbol _main ...

10. Link error.(unresolved external symbol _main)

11. Use Makefile facility to compile/link c main/subroutines

12. LINK ERROR 2001: unresoled external symbol _main