Full color bitmaps
Author Message
 Full color bitmaps

Hi -

If you have time, could you please answer this question.

I am trying to insert a full color .tiff or .jpg image onto a
dialog in VC++.

When I open, copy, and then paste the image into a new bitmap
resource, it looks fine (all colors).

Then when I place the image on the dialog via drag and drop
bitmap tool, the colors have all
been reduced.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

thank you,
Jay Carr

Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. 8 bit (256 color) bitmaps vs 24 bit bitmaps

2. I don't want 16 color icon, I want (24bit) FULL COLOR icon

3. 256 Color Bitmaps in CImageList use 16 default colors

4. displaying 256 color bitmaps when screen is in 256 color mode

5. showing 256 color bitmaps with display settings set to 256 colors

6. This works with 256 color bitmaps; but 16bit color bitmaps

7. Simple: Background color of my Full Control

8. need help displaying 256 color bitmaps

9. Help!! with transparent color in icons and bitmaps

10. Bitmaps and colors

11. HELP: Bitmaps only 16 colors! :(