ShellExecute and dial-up networking
Author Message
 ShellExecute and dial-up networking

I need to run the Dial-up networking shortcut(my PPP link's
name is PPP.LNK)inside my application. I use the ShellExecute
function to do this but it doesn't work, the code is
ShellExecute(NULL, "open", "C:\\TEST\\PPP.LNK" , NULL, NULL,
   SW_SHOW);

Then i used ShellExecuteEx function to test but it displayed
the message "Access to file is denied".

My platform is Windows 95 and use VC++ 5.0.
When I test with other program shortcur link, the functions
work.
Anyone has any method to activate the dial-up networking link
inside the program.

regards
Choon lye

-----------------** -- Posted from CodeGuru -- **-----------------
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;  The website for Visual C++ programmers.

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ShellExecute and dial-up networking

Quote:

>Anyone has any method to activate the dial-up networking link
>inside the program.

You should be able to use the RasDial function to do that.

 - Katy

--
Katy Mulvey             Please post replies to the newsgroup, thanks!
ORMEC Systems           MVP/VC++

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ShellExecute and Dial-up networking link

2. Dial a dialup networking entry

3. ShellExecute and Dial-up networeking link

4. Dial Up networking

5. controlling windows 95 Dial Up Networking(DUN)?

6. struct in_addr.h.h_addr_list[] on a networked dial-up box

7. How to start Dial-up network under Win95?

8. DCOM over dial-up DIRECT to another network

9. how can i get rate of network or dial connection

10. ODBC through Dialup Networking

11. VC++ 5.0 Dial-up networking removal

12. Dialup Networking Stats Query