Install of vc c++ 6.0 fails under Windows 2000 sp3
Author Message
 Install of vc c++ 6.0 fails under Windows 2000 sp3

Greetings.

I am attempting to install Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows 2000 service pack 6 on a Dell machine.
I get a messagebox saying the following:

caption: The installation wizard has encountered a critical error during initialization
body: Error accessing ini file: d: and Settings\jeff_kish.000\Local Settings\Temp\vs60wiz.exe\setupiz.ini

Can someone point me to a resource that explains how to install this?

Thanks
Jeff Kish

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 02:50:35 GMT
 Install of vc c++ 6.0 fails under Windows 2000 sp3
Quote:

> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.ide_general
> Subject: Install of vc c++ 6.0 fails under Windows 2000 sp3
> Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 14:50:35 -0400

> Greetings.

> I am attempting to install Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows 2000 service pack 6
on a Dell machine.
> I get a messagebox saying the following:

> caption: The installation wizard has encountered a critical error during
initialization
> body: Error accessing ini file: d: and Settings\jeff_kish.000\Local

Settings\Temp\vs60wiz.exe\setupiz.ini

Quote:

> Can someone point me to a resource that explains how to install this?

> Thanks
> Jeff Kish

Jeff,

Here's an article that might help:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;269249

And for good measure, here's a gratuitous extra link for the VS 6 support
center:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh%3Ben-us%3Bvst&x=18&...

If that doesn't help you on your way, you might want to try
microsoft.public.vstudio.setup where there might be someone with more
expertise/experience with install issues.

Good luck!

--
Eric Jarvi, Microsoft Visual C++ Team
http://blogs.gotdotnet.com/ejarvi/

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 01:28:42 GMT

1. Unable to install VS 6.0 SP4 on Windows 2000

2. VC^ SP3 fails to find installed visual studio

3. Source File destroyed on Windows 2000 using VC 6.0

4. Visual C++ 6.0 attach to process debugger in Windows 2000

5. a c++ mts object fails on windows 2000 - IObjectControl

6. Visual C++ 6.0 bug on Windows 2000?

7. Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows 2000

8. Visual C++ 6.0 @ Windows 2000

9. SQL Server 2000 failing to install after Visual Studio.net upgrade

10. BUG REPORT (03 03 2000) in Visual C++ 6 (sp3) : Custom Build Step

11. Can I install VC++6 Ent. with SP3 on Windows 2000

12. NT Symbol install in Windows 2000