C to C++
Author Message
 C to C++

Hi,

Is there a trick to treat .c files as .cpp without renaming. I would
like the compiler to treat .c files as c++ language files because they
are. (I didn't
create them, it's open source project.) Compiler gives this error:

Quote:
>d:\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\eh.h(32) : fatal error C1189:

#error :  >"eh.h is only for C++!"

Quote:
>Error executing cl.exe.

I remember that some compilers, like Borlands/Watcoms, have option
called "C++ always". Is there similar in MSVC6?

Thanks.

Sun, 06 Jul 2003 15:38:12 GMT
 C to C++
the switch /TP (for cl.exe) will treat all files
as c++

/johan

Quote:
> Hi,

> Is there a trick to treat .c files as .cpp without renaming. I would
> like the compiler to treat .c files as c++ language files because they
> are. (I didn't
> create them, it's open source project.) Compiler gives this error:

> >d:\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\eh.h(32) : fatal error C1189:
> #error :  >"eh.h is only for C++!"
> >Error executing cl.exe.

> I remember that some compilers, like Borlands/Watcoms, have option
> called "C++ always". Is there similar in MSVC6?

> Thanks.

Sun, 06 Jul 2003 18:08:15 GMT

2. Need C++ text for non cs major course

3. How to show/call Form2.cs from Form1.cs ?

4. Include code in other Cs files

6. word - automatic numbering/bold/underline/italics

7. How to Generate .cs file at Runtime

8. newbe/cs student, need help w/ code

9. Serial.cs

10. Compile CS source code using ICodeCompiler

11. Two CS files (using namespaces)

12. My .cs files were deleted!?