Watch area using pointer variable
Author Message
 Watch area using pointer variable

I'm debugging a procedure which passes in a pointer to an array of
characters (CHAR *RegPath).

At a breakpoint, if one does a Quick Watch on the RegPath parameter, it only
shows the contents of the single location that RegPath points to.

Question: Is there a way to have the watch window display the memory
locations that RegPath points to for a specific length?

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Watch area using pointer variable

Quote:
>I'm debugging a procedure which passes in a pointer to an array of
>characters (CHAR *RegPath).

>At a breakpoint, if one does a Quick Watch on the RegPath parameter, it
only
>shows the contents of the single location that RegPath points to.

>Question: Is there a way to have the watch window display the memory
>locations that RegPath points to for a specific length?

Not that I know of, myself.  But why not keep the "memory" window open and
set to start displaying at that address?

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. TC++ 3.0 Debug, Watching pointer variables

2. Variables in Variables / Watch window

3. How to read variables from memory using pointers?

4. Using member variables and pointers.

5. Using free() twice on the same pointer variable

6. BUG BUG BUG watch variable

7. Variable data not showing in watch windows

8. Problems with Variables and Watch Windows

9. print watch variables?

10. watch a static variable

11. How to see a static variable in a watch window

12. Watching global vs. local variable w/ same name