NuBQ: How to create a COM Server using VC++ wizards?
Author Message
 NuBQ: How to create a COM Server using VC++ wizards?

How can I use the New Project and New Object wizards in MS-Visual C++-6.0 to
create a COM server? This has been driving me crazy, because I know that
I've done it before -- but I cannot remember how!

The COM Server program is a message logger: it receives messages from
clients, and dispatches them (by raising an event) to clients. I have a TLB
that defines an Interface that has a procedure and an event.

I use the "New/ATL COM AppWizard" function to create an Executable. Then I
add a "New ATL Object" and select "Simple Object" from the New ATL Object
wizard, leaving its attributes at their defaults.

I know (because I still have the code) that I can create Server this way. I
cannot remember where the TLB comes into the process.

Can anyone please tell me how can I use the wizards to generate the (more or
less) complete COM server?

Many thanks in advance,

(Remove ".despam" to reply, please)

Fri, 12 Dec 2003 17:59:49 GMT

1. Creating Server-side Session using VC++ & COM

2. Creating Server-side Session using VC++ & COM

3. Lifetime of EXE COM server that uses DLL COM server

4. Using CString in an ATL Wizard generated EXE server, VC 5.0

5. Create instance of an com object inside a the Com server

6. why Can\'t create COM Instance After registering COM Server Successfully

7. problems passing ADO Recordset from VB-COM client to VC-COM-Server dll

8. Creating VC++ built COM application in VB - resulting in - ActiveX can't create object

9. Crecordset Binding using Class Wizard w/ SQL Server 2000

10. Problem with scripting context when using VB com object inside VC com object

11. Storing date/time value on SQL server with milliseconds resolution using vc++ and ado 2.0

12. using vc++ to connect to iis server