Obtaining processor type and speed
Author Message
 Obtaining processor type and speed

Good morning...

Is there a function that will provide the system's processor type and
speed?  I know of GetSystemInfo(), but this function doesn't seem to
provide CPU speed.  Any information is greatly appreciated!  -Mike

Sun, 02 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Obtaining processor type and speed

Quote:
>Is there a function that will provide the system's processor type and
>speed?  I know of GetSystemInfo(), but this function doesn't seem to
>provide CPU speed.  Any information is greatly appreciated!  -Mike

Mike,

The only way I know of is via the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor

Under the processor specific branch there's a "~MHz" DWORD value.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Sun, 02 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Obtaining processor clock speed

2. Parsing the Unique ID obtained from the Processor

3. To GET Processor Speed, OS , Memory in C#....?

4. How can I determine the processor speed

5. processor speed

6. Finding Processor Speed

7. Detecting Processor Speed.

8. Any API can get processor speed?