unloading/reloading projects kills my folder structure
Author Message
 unloading/reloading projects kills my folder structure

Hi,
it took me some time to order my several classes of a project into
folders in ClassView. Then if I unload and reload this project from the
workspace, all my folders are gone from ClassView and the classes are
unordered laying around. Grr.

Is this a bug or a feature ;-) ?

I'm using VC6.0 standard edition (german).
Anyone knows how to avoid that ?

Best Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Mller

call: 030/69 03 55 - 0
fax: 030/69 03 55 - 34

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 unloading/reloading projects kills my folder structure
It's really best to avoid organizing your classes unless you like
frustration.  There are many things that cause MSDev to abandon whatever
organization you have.

It's annoying, and there is no way to work around it that I know of (and it
won't work with multiple developers).  So save yourself the pain and don't
do it.

Quote:
> Hi,
> it took me some time to order my several classes of a project into
> folders in ClassView. Then if I unload and reload this project from the
> workspace, all my folders are gone from ClassView and the classes are
> unordered laying around. Grr.

> Is this a bug or a feature ;-) ?

> I'm using VC6.0 standard edition (german).
> Anyone knows how to avoid that ?

> Best Regards,

> Mark

> --
> Mark Mller

> call: 030/69 03 55 - 0
> fax: 030/69 03 55 - 34

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reload a project.

2. Unloading Workspace/Project with a function

3. Folder Item(Grouping Projects) in Solution File(SLN)?

4. Create folder in project using EnvDTE ?

5. adding a folder to Visual c project

6. How to sort VS.NET project folder files?

7. Making Folders in AppWiz Project

8. Adding files and folders to a project in the File View

9. Adding files and folders to a project in the file View of a Workspace

10. Killing console-mode debug = kill DevStudio?

11. Help: kill sub-process after parent killed

12. Information about VC++ project structures