error spawning cl.exe
Author Message
 error spawning cl.exe

Hello, I'm having a problem in VC++ 6 on a workstation with NT 4.0 SP
5.  Whenever one particular user tries to compile he gets a "error
spawning cl.exe"  error.  For everyone else who logs into his machine,
the compiler works fine.  Has anyone else encountered this?  Any help
much appreciated!

Thanks,

ddunson

http://www.*-*-*.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 error spawning cl.exe
For anyone else having this problem:

  It was a path problem.  Despite removing/installing the app several
times, it was{*filter*} on to old path info.  I logged in as the 'problem
user,' opened the app, went into Tools|Options and found a Directories
tab with a drop down box that let me set the paths for includes,
executables, libraries,etc.  I directed it to the proper drive and it is
working now.

ddunson

Quote:

> Hello, I'm having a problem in VC++ 6 on a workstation with NT 4.0 SP
> 5.  Whenever one particular user tries to compile he gets a "error
> spawning cl.exe"  error.  For everyone else who logs into his machine,
> the compiler works fine.  Has anyone else encountered this?  Any help
> much appreciated!

> Thanks,

> ddunson

> http://www.*-*-*.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

http://www.*-*-*.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compile error: Error Spawning Cl.exe or link.exe

2. error spawning cl.exe when profile

3. error spawning cl.exe in v6

4. Error: spawning cl.exe

5. Error spawning cl.exe???