Is word wrap possible in VisualC++ 6.0 editor?
Author Message
 Is word wrap possible in VisualC++ 6.0 editor?

Hello all,

I like to keep a project diary .txt file to put notes in.  It would be nice
to be able to edit this file in the Visual C++ editor, but I have not found
a way to make the editor word-wrap, like Notepad does.  Is it possible?

Thanks.

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 00:26:37 GMT
 Is word wrap possible in VisualC++ 6.0 editor?
no

Quote:
> Hello all,

> I like to keep a project diary .txt file to put notes in.  It would be
nice
> to be able to edit this file in the Visual C++ editor, but I have not
found
> a way to make the editor word-wrap, like Notepad does.  Is it possible?

> Thanks.

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 00:55:34 GMT
 Is word wrap possible in VisualC++ 6.0 editor?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Is word wrap possible in VisualC++ 6.0 editor?
For diaries, I like to stick to Notepad.

One of the oft-overlooked features of Notepad which makes it ideal for
diaries is if you put .LOG as the first line of the file, every time notepad
opens the file it automagically goes to the bottom of the file and puts
in a date/timestamp line.

If you drag a notepad shortcut (or your diary shortcut) onto the system
start button, it'll be easy to start.

Quote:
> Hello all,

> I like to keep a project diary .txt file to put notes in.  It would be
nice
> to be able to edit this file in the Visual C++ editor, but I have not
found
> a way to make the editor word-wrap, like Notepad does.  Is it possible?

> Thanks.

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 23:18:47 GMT
 Is word wrap possible in VisualC++ 6.0 editor?
I thought keeping a project log would be a great idea after I read that
Donald Knuth recorded every bug he created (and presumably fixed). I started
to do the same thing in Sidekick (anyone remember that early Borland
product?).

But after a day or two, I realized this approach was just way too
inflexible. What if I wanted to write something down when the computer
wasn't available? How about if I wanted to draw a diagram?

So I ended up just using standard spiral bound notebooks. I write down
everything I do and when I do it. It can be really useful, as when I return
to a project after a month or so and need to see where I was.

From 1984 to the present, I've filled up 40 or 50 notebooks, and I've saved
them all for my grandchildren to read. :)

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 01:48:54 GMT
 Is word wrap possible in VisualC++ 6.0 editor?

Quote:
> One of the oft-overlooked features of Notepad which makes it ideal for
> diaries is if you put .LOG as the first line of the file, every time
notepad
> opens the file it automagically goes to the bottom of the file and puts
> in a date/timestamp line.

Thanks Rufus, I did not know about that feature.  I use NotePad+ (from
RogSoft), but it has the same feature - very cool!

Thanks again.

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 02:40:32 GMT
 Is word wrap possible in VisualC++ 6.0 editor?
That's an excellent habit one of my co-worker's has.  She can always
contacts, URL's etc.  that way.

It does require a development of some discipline.  I keep trying, but
I haven't managed yet to keep the same log book for longer than a
couple weeks. It either gets lost or buried, or I simply forget to use it
because I'm wrapped up in something else.  It's like diet and exercise,
you have to build it into the normal routine and be ever vigilant.

Quote:
> I thought keeping a project log would be a great idea after I read that
> Donald Knuth recorded every bug he created (and presumably fixed). I
started
> to do the same thing in Sidekick (anyone remember that early Borland
> product?).

> But after a day or two, I realized this approach was just way too
> inflexible. What if I wanted to write something down when the computer
> wasn't available? How about if I wanted to draw a diagram?

> So I ended up just using standard spiral bound notebooks. I write down
> everything I do and when I do it. It can be really useful, as when I
return
> to a project after a month or so and need to see where I was.

> From 1984 to the present, I've filled up 40 or 50 notebooks, and I've
saved
> them all for my grandchildren to read. :)

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 22:39:09 GMT
 Is word wrap possible in VisualC++ 6.0 editor?

Quote:
> That's an excellent habit one of my co-worker's has.  She can always
> contacts, URL's etc.  that way.

Yup! You can also use your notebook for time-tracking. I remember once when
our PHB (pointy-haired boss) suddenly announced we were going to have to
fill out timesheets allocating our time to various projects, and reporting
the totals at the end of each week. It was a major pain in the {*filter*}for
everyone but me. :) (Of course, that's not reason enough to keep a notebook
in and of itself.)

Quote:
>  It's like diet and exercise,
> you have to build it into the normal routine and be ever vigilant.

Boy, ain't that the truth? And just like those things, it can become
{*filter*}ive. I actually find it slightly harder to work if I can't write
everything down as I go.

Tue, 09 Dec 2003 00:40:49 GMT
 Is word wrap possible in VisualC++ 6.0 editor?
cool feature - really neat! how did you find that one? Also you can set
a short cut on your start up menu to open the log file easily, so thats
all done now! There you have it...

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:33:50 GMT

1. VisualC++ editor

2. My application in VisualC++ 6.0 over w2000 fills all the memory

3. Windows XP & VisualC++ 6.0

4. Paint Graphics in VisualC++ 6.0

5. HTML HELP with VisualC++ 6.0

6. My application in VisualC++ over w2000 fills all the memory

7. reconfigure VisualC++ for C#??

8. Error when compiling MFC samples followed with MS VisualC++ .NET

9. Backtrace/stacktrace in VisualC++ 6...

10. readdir in VisualC++

11. How to convert QuickC libraries to VisualC++ 6?????

12. problem with OBDC + MS VisualC++ 5