Turning off source control integration
Author Message
 Turning off source control integration

Hello!

We use Visual SourceSafe with our VC4.2 projects.  It is
currently integrated with the VC environment.  Unfortunately, on
NT4.0, the IDE tries to refresh the source control status every
time it loses and regains focus.  With our larger projects, this
means 10-20 seconds of heavy sluggishness every time I switch to
a different application.  Is there any way I can turn this off?
Do I have to reinstall SourceSafe?  It'd be nice if I had a menu
selection to deactivate it....

As far as I've seen, the IDE doesn't do this in Win95.

John R Sheets

Fri, 16 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Turning off source control integration

Tools.Options.Source Control.Perform background status updates

-Andy
---
Andrew Osman
ViewSoft, Inc.
http://www.viewsoft.com
---

Sun, 18 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Turning off source control integration

This works in VC4.2, what about 5.0?

Bruce Wilkinson, db Services

Quote:
>Tools.Options.Source Control.Perform background status updates

>-Andy
>---
>Andrew Osman
>ViewSoft, Inc.
>http://www.viewsoft.com
>---

Sat, 24 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Turning off source control integration

VC5.0 has the same checkbox, so I assume it works.

-Andy
---
Andrew Osman
ViewSoft, Inc.
http://www.viewsoft.com
---

Quote:
>This works in VC4.2, what about 5.0?

>Bruce Wilkinson, db Services

>>Tools.Options.Source Control.Perform background status updates

>>-Andy
>>---
>>Andrew Osman
>>ViewSoft, Inc.
>>http://www.viewsoft.com
>>---

Sun, 25 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Ways of turning echo off ... off

2. Power On/Off and Turn off screen?

3. How do I turn off Version Control?

4. ListView control -- turning off ellipsis (...)

5. C++ .net Standard - Source Control Integration

6. PVCS-VM source control integration

7. IDE/Source control Integration Documentation?

8. (off-topic) HELp : source control!

9. turn off debugging slop area in VC++ IDE ?

10. How to turn off file watcher

11. turning off run time checks

12. Is there a way to turn off error handling in C#