"Not all of the windows in the workspace could be opened"
Author Message
 "Not all of the windows in the workspace could be opened"

Could anybody explain the meaning of the modal message upon workspace

Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Not all of the windows in the workspace could be opened"
delete your .opt file(s).

Now each time you close your workspace(s) you'll get a message box query
"Close all workspace documents?" or some such.  Answer "Yes'.  Now when you
reopen the workspace, you won't get "Not all of the ... could be opened."

-Andy

Quote:
> Could anybody explain the meaning of the modal message upon workspace

Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Not all of the windows in the workspace could be opened"
Andy,

... and I thought I would get away with something better than exchanging one
nerving modal message by another...

thanks

Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Not all of the windows in the workspace could be opened"

Quote:

>Could anybody explain the meaning of the modal message upon workspace

Visual Studio screws up when storing the path names of open files in the
.OPT file when the workspace is closed -- it uses relative paths, but
when opening the workspace, the current directory isn't set properly.

This happens when the DSP (project) files aren't in the same directory
as the DSW (workspace) file. You can fix this problem by putting the
.DSW file into a subdirectory at the same level as your project
files.

That is, I'll bet you have your files laid out like this:

\Workspace\Foo.dsw
\Workspace\Project1\Proj1.dsp
\Workspace\Project2\Proj2.dsp

Create a directory like:
\Workspace\DSW
and put the .dsw file there. (You may need to re-add projects).

 - Katy

--
Katy Mulvey             Please post replies to the newsgroup, thanks!
ORMEC Systems           MVP/VC++

Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Not all of the windows in the workspace could be opened"
Katy,

Quote:
> That is, I'll bet you have your files laid out like this:
> \Workspace\Foo.dsw
> \Workspace\Project1\Proj1.dsp
> \Workspace\Project2\Proj2.dsp

yes, because this is how AddNewProject strongly suggests it to do. The path
of the project is under the ws dir.

Quote:
> Create a directory like:
> \Workspace\DSW
> and put the .dsw file there. (

Thanks for the hint, maybe this is also the reason why my class view randomy
refuses to jump to the code on double-click.

Martin Koeck

Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Not all of the windows in the workspace could be opened"
Yes, perhaps, but at least it will open the files when you reopen the
workspace.

Provecho!

-Andy

Quote:
> Andy,

> ... and I thought I would get away with something better than exchanging
one
> nerving modal message by another...

> thanks

Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. question about "ClassView" in Workspace window

2. "Not all the windows in the workspace could be opened" message box

3. "Not all of the Windows in the workspace could be opened"

4. "Not all of the windows in the workspace could be opened"

5. "Not all of the windows in the workspace could be opened" ???!!!

6. VC6 Opening workspace - "Can't open all windows" drive D

7. Implement a "Workspace" document like DevStudio

8. Not all the windows in the workspace could be opened

9. BUG: Not all of the windows in the workspace could be opened

10. Not all of the windows in the workspace could be opened

11. Not all of the windows in the workspace could be opened

12. I am going to study "C"