Problems with ClassWizard and VB OLE Type Libraries?
Author Message
 Problems with ClassWizard and VB OLE Type Libraries?

Hello All:

Has anyone experienced problems using Visual C/C++ ClassWizard to generate
C++ classes from OLE Type libraries?  I've found that the generated classes
have the incorrect DISPID in their calls to InvokeHelper.  I know this
because I checked them with my own calls to GetIDsOfNames.  The values
appear to be off by 4 (that is, the generated methods call InvokeHelper
with 60030060 when the correct value is 60030064).  These type libraries
were generated by Visual Basic 4.0.  I am using Visual C++ 4.2b.

Also, the ClassWizard notes that IUnknown and IDispatch methods that return
HRESULT (i.e., QueryInterface, GetTypeInfoCount, Invoke...) were "not
emitted because of invalid return type or parameter type".  Is this
indicative a problem with our VB type library?

Thanks in Advance,
Glenn

Tue, 14 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. OLE DB and Classwizard problem.

2. Optional Parameters for OLE Type Libraries.

3. Class Wizard Type Libraries and OLE

4. MessengerAPI type library - IDispatch enum type problem

5. Problem: No ClassWizard in Static Library project

6. Fast OLE event firing, VB got problems :(

7. Project Settings->OLE Types, Setting Project Options problem

8. OLE data types / standard data types

9. EXPRESS OLE DB LIBRARY : Ideal data access library

10. OLE Control events & ClassWizard

11. VB type libraray import problem in VC...

12. ATL data type for VB Object data Type