VC++ 6.0 slows down after using the wizard toolbar
Author Message
 VC++ 6.0 slows down after using the wizard toolbar

If I use the wizard toolbar to jump to another function, everything in
DevStudio becomes VERY SLOW.  For example, if I move the cursor to another
place in the source file or try to search for something in a small (< 5K)
source file, it will take 5 seconds before I get a response.  If I don't use
the wizard toolbar, those same actions give a nearly instantaneous response.
The same problem happens if I edit/view resources.  The problem clears up if
I exit/restart DevStudio, but that is impractical and makes the wizard
toolbar useless for me.  Any ideas?

I am running on NT 4.0 (sp3) 400MHz P2 with 128M RAM and > 250M virtual
memory.

Thanks.
Jerry Koedam

Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VC++ 6.0 slows down after using the wizard toolbar
Delete the .ncb file in the worspace root.
That usually solves the problem too.

Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VC++ 6.0 slows down after using the wizard toolbar
Deleting the .ncb didn't seem to help.  But, if I delete the .clw file, it
fixes the problem until I use ClassWizard, followed by the WizardBar.  I
made sure DeveloperStudio was NOT running when I deleted each file.
Quote:

>Delete the .ncb file in the worspace root.
>That usually solves the problem too.

Sat, 08 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC++ 6.0 SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW

2. MSAccess ODBC driver slow-down on upgrade from VC++ 5.0 to 6.0

3. Visuall C++ 6.0 - Too Many Breakpoints Slows Down Edit Response

4. HELP, PC Slows down, using Threads, DAO, DirectX Play

5. using Caret slow down GDI functions?

6. VC++ compile slows down other apps

7. Problem with editor slowing down in VC++ 6

8. VC 5.0 Extreme Slow downs over time

9. with C# is VC on the slow down?

10. toolbars in vc++ 6.0 (new to win32 programming)

11. toolbar in vc++ 6.0

12. VC 6.0 : Class View is unusably slow