Did SP4 install?
Author Message
 Did SP4 install?

Hi -

I've got VC6 Std. Ed.  Installed SP4 - 'about' box doesn't say anything
about service pack, like VB does.  Nor does splash page.

How can I check if the SP applied correctly?

Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:57:01 GMT
 Did SP4 install?
On Sat, 20 Jan 2001 22:57:01 -0800, "Rob Gregory"

Quote:

>Hi -

>I've got VC6 Std. Ed.  Installed SP4 - 'about' box doesn't say anything
>about service pack, like VB does.  Nor does splash page.

>How can I check if the SP applied correctly?

Without checking all the files to those before you installed the
service pack, goto regedit and check out:

HKLM/
Software/
Microsoft/
VisualStudio/
6.0/
ServicePacks

Which will give you a number.

I assuming that this is the last thing the service pack installer does
before exiting, but it's a simple registry key and nothing special
(i.e.  it can be faked)

Other than that, I don't know.

Jimbo

Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:04:14 GMT

1. How do you manually install sp4?

2. Parsing Error in Class Wizard after SP4 install

3. MIDL2407 keeps recurring after installing VS6 SP4: solved

4. MIDL2407 after installing SP4

5. CGI program crashes after installing SP4 or SP5

6. HELP: NT4 + SP4 won't install VC++6

7. Macro Problems After IE4/SP4 install

8. CGI program crashes after installing SP4 or SP5

9. Unable to install VS 6.0 SP4 on Windows 2000

10. Install project, set registry value with install directory?

11. libtool install problem (okay before install, seg faults after)

12. I have InterDev 6.0 installed and want to install my MSVC++ 5.0 too, is