Building C++ projects (again)
Author Message
 Building C++ projects (again)

Windows NT 4.0, sp3
VC++ 6.0

If I copy the source, header, and resource files of a project to another
directory tree, I can't make another executable file from them.

I make a new (empty) project and add all the copied files to the new
project.
The new project can be in the same workspace with a different name or in
different workspace with the same name, but none of them link correctly.

I always get two unresolved external symbols : _endthreadex and
_beginthreadex. I can go back and rebuild the original project with no
errors. Any ideas?

John Buller

Fri, 21 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Building C++ projects (again)
Project - Settings - C/C++ tab - Code Generation category
Then choose the appropriate run-time library (a multithreaded one)

Guillaume.

Quote:

>Windows NT 4.0, sp3
>VC++ 6.0

>If I copy the source, header, and resource files of a project to another
>directory tree, I can't make another executable file from them.

>I make a new (empty) project and add all the copied files to the new
>project.
>The new project can be in the same workspace with a different name or in
>different workspace with the same name, but none of them link correctly.

>I always get two unresolved external symbols : _endthreadex and
>_beginthreadex. I can go back and rebuild the original project with no
>errors. Any ideas?

>John Buller

Sat, 22 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Building C++ projects (again)
Thank you Guillaume. That was the right thing to do, and now I
understand what was happening.

John

Quote:

> Project - Settings - C/C++ tab - Code Generation category
> Then choose the appropriate run-time library (a multithreaded one)

> Guillaume.

Sat, 22 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Have to build .exe again and again!

2. Build & build again

3. - LNK1104 for C++ DLL build when referenced by C# project

4. Visual C++ fails building my ATL project

5. automated batch build process of C++ projects.

6. How does one select the Sub-Project Build in Visual C++ 6.0

7. Building a project from command line in Visual C++ 5.0

8. Building MS VisC/C++ Project for JVM

9. Visual C++ hangs when doing custom build in MFC project

10. Microsoft Visual C++ v6.0 : Project build problem.

11. Problem building a AppWizard Dll project in Visual C++ 5.0

12. problems with project build order using Batch Build