Help with VC++ linking..
Author Message
 Help with VC++ linking..

Hi,
      I have written a simple win32 application (in VC++ 6.0 ) program. In
the call back windows procedure I try to Initailize the capture window by
calling capCreateCaptureWindow(....). For this I have #include<vfw.h> t the
start of my file. When I compile it I get no errors but when I try to link I
get the error as error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

 I use win2000 with VC++ 6.0

how can I get rid of this error ?

thanks in advance,

regards
sri

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 17:59:38 GMT
 Help with VC++ linking..
in the docs the line

Library: Use Vfw32.lib.

you need to tell the program to compile w/ this library, either add it to
your project(the bad way) or under project/settings/link add the file name
to the lib's

marc

Quote:
> Hi,
>       I have written a simple win32 application (in VC++ 6.0 ) program. In
> the call back windows procedure I try to Initailize the capture window by
> calling capCreateCaptureWindow(....). For this I have #include<vfw.h> t
the
> start of my file. When I compile it I get no errors but when I try to link
> get the error as error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

>  I use win2000 with VC++ 6.0

> how can I get rid of this error ?

> thanks in advance,

> regards
> sri

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 20:46:30 GMT

1. How Can I Link *.exe to VC or link C program to VC

2. VC 4.2 link error linking static libraries from VC 6.0

3. nmake, vc, and link - help

4. help - newbie webpost VC++ link Errors

5. Help: My VC++ Template Won't Link

6. Help...Getting a lot of Linking Errors with Fortran and VC++ 5.0

7. Help needed: Getting Link errors with DAPI in VC++

8. Help...Getting a lot of Linking Errors with Fortran and VC++ 5.0

9. Help needed: Getting Link errors with DAPI in VC++

10. VC++ for Mac - need help establishing PC-Mac link

11. Link Errors in VC.net that don't appear in VC 6.0

12. VC++6 convert to VC.Net link error