unable to access profiler in Visual Studio 6.0 c++ enterprise edition, profile dialog disabled
Author Message
 unable to access profiler in Visual Studio 6.0 c++ enterprise edition, profile dialog disabled

We have a problem here that's driving us batty. We have visual studio
enterprise v6.0 here, but for whatever reason the "Profile..." dialog box is
disabled. Even though it is enabled in all of the projects under the linker
menu. Oh, we've already gone through installation to see if we missed
something; I know at one time (VC4.0), the code profiler wasn't in the
standard install, but we did a reinstall here and didn't see any specific
entries; just about everything seems to be installed anyway.

Any idea what's going on?

Also, we're using a tool called MainWin for our unix retargeting and that
hooks into our IDE, I don't know if that would have anything to do with this
or not.

Thanks in advance,

Joe Bradley
Aether Systems (Woodbury NY)

Sun, 14 Dec 2003 02:21:26 GMT
 unable to access profiler in Visual Studio 6.0 c++ enterprise edition, profile dialog disabled
me again, we found the problem. For some reason my intial search didn't turn
anything up.

Look under Microsoft TechNet, article Q224382. We installed it using
administrator accounts, and ran it under another account, which caused this
bug to surface.

Hope this saves someone else a little time.

Joe

Quote:
> We have a problem here that's driving us batty. We have visual studio
> enterprise v6.0 here, but for whatever reason the "Profile..." dialog box
is
> disabled. Even though it is enabled in all of the projects under the
linker
> menu. Oh, we've already gone through installation to see if we missed
> something; I know at one time (VC4.0), the code profiler wasn't in the
> standard install, but we did a reinstall here and didn't see any specific
> entries; just about everything seems to be installed anyway.

> Any idea what's going on?

> Also, we're using a tool called MainWin for our unix retargeting and that
> hooks into our IDE, I don't know if that would have anything to do with
this
> or not.

> Thanks in advance,

> Joe Bradley
> Aether Systems (Woodbury NY)

Sun, 14 Dec 2003 04:31:02 GMT

1. Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition Installation

2. e: *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

3. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

4. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

5. Visual C++ 6.0 Enterprise Edition Crash

6. Profiling in VC++ 6.0 Enterprise Edition

7. FS: MS Visual C++ Enterprise Edition 4.2, RISC Edition 4.00 (UK)

8. : WTB: MS Visual Studio Enterprise Edition

9. WTB: MS Visual Studio Enterprise Edition

10. Visual Studio Enterprise Edition

11. Announcing AQtime .NET Edition, the First Comprehensive Profiler Suite for Visual Studio .NET

12. Problem with Visual Studio 6.0 (Visual C++ 6.0) !!!!