HRESULT Plus Error Lookup Tool update ...
Author Message
 HRESULT Plus Error Lookup Tool update ...

Hi folks:

I have just updated HRESULT Plus Tool - replacement for MS ErrLook,
and I think that it is final for this version (unless somebody find
something missing).

Changes:
Build 710
Added support for WinSock error codes

Build 700
Added error messages from:
        CLUSMSG.H
        CODECS.H
        EDBMSG.H
        MDMSG.H
        MDSIMSGS.H
        olectl.h
        WPAPIMSG.H
        WPCRSMSG.H
        WPFTPMSG.H
        WPPSTMSG.H
        WPWIZMSG.H

List of all features and advantages you can find at the bottom of this
letter.

Download self extracting zip (~460k)
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Best Regards,
Alexei Kvasov

PS
Why HRPlus?

HRPlus may be helpful for those of you who is working with COM and COM
related stuff (as MTS, MQ, ADO and so on).
The HRPLUS utility retrieves a system error message or COM module error
message based on the hexadecimal or decimal Error Code or HRESULT value
entered.

HRPLUS is inspired by UI and Implementation of MS ErrLookup (Thanks for the
idea to Decoder simple application from MS SDK).

Advantages

Informational
1.  Support for OLE-DB error codes
2.  Support for ADO error codes
3.  Support for COM error codes
4.  Support for MTS error codes
5.  Support for MSMQ error codes
6.  Support for DTC error codes
7.  Support for Facility_Internet error codes (at least that I was able to
find)
8.  Support for Security error codes
9.  Support for Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) SDK
10. Support for Virtual Device Interface (VDI)
11. Support for Microsoft Agent
12. Support for DAO SDK
13. Support for Scheduling Agent interface
14. Support for Smart Card Resource Manager
15. Support for Microsoft Video for Windows
16. Support for Channel Manager Interfaces.
17. Support for Microsoft Exchange DAPI.DLL
18. Support for Content Index Framework
19. Support for Index Server
20. Support for Hardware error codes and exceptions
21. Support for Cluster Service
22. Support for Microsoft Exchange Information Store
23. Support for Metabase errors
24. Support for Multi-Domain Synchronization Interface (MDSI).
25. Support for ActiveX Controls Framework
26. Support for WebPost Provider and Web Publishing Wizard
27. Support for WinSock error codes
28. Facilities supported:
        0000 -- FACILITY_NULL
        0001 -- FACILITY_RPC
        0002 -- FACILITY_DISPATCH
        0003 -- FACILITY_STORAGE
        0004 -- FACILITY_ITF
        0007 -- FACILITY_WIN32
        0008 -- FACILITY_WINDOWS
        0009 -- FACILITY_SSPI
        0010 -- FACILITY_CONTROL
        0011 -- FACILITY_CERT
        0012 -- FACILITY_INTERNET
        0013 -- FACILITY_MEDIASERVER
        0014 -- FACILITY_MSMQ
        0015 -- FACILITY_SETUPAPI
        0016 -- FACILITY_SCARD
        0017 -- FACILITY_MTS (id exist but not documented)
        0109 -- FACILITY_VISUALCPP
        0119 -- FACILITY_VDI (id exist but not documented)
        0769 -- FACILITY_IC (id exist but not documented)
        2048 -- FACILITY_EDB
        2047 -- FACILITY_BACKUP
        2304 -- FACILITY_MDSI
and more ... ( see list of error headers below )

Functional
1. LookUp of error codes (from clipboard)Immediately after app starts.
2. Ability of copy into clipboard of Lookup results and ALL information that
shown on the screen.
3. LookUp for both Hex and Decimal values
4. Additional information about errors (even if we did not find one):
        a. FACILITY name
        b. FACILITY code
        c. ERROR ID name
        d. ERROR code
        e. Severity name
        f. Severity code
        g. Header file where this ERROR ID is declared or source of info
        h. Message Text
5. Extended LookUp in Modules ( with search, module info, display of
multiple results of search,,, )
6. Error Generator (you can generate your own HRESULTs in two formats
(message compiler and winerror like) and test them against existing HRs.
7. ...

Error Header files supported (compiled):

MS Error Headers
        ADSERR.H
        BRERROR.H
        CIERROR.H
        DAPIMSG.H
        FILTERR.H
        ISSPERR.H
        MSTERR.H
        OLEDBERR.H
        SCARDERR.H
        VFWMSGS.H
        WINERROR.H
        MQ.H
        and more...

Stripped errors from
        ADOINT.H
        MTX.H
        MTXADMIN.H
        URLMON.H
        SUBSMGR.H
        TXDTC.H
        TRANSACT.H
        AGTERR.h
        DBDAOERR.H
        vdierror.h
        wbemcli.h
        CLUSMSG.H
        CODECS.H
        EDBMSG.H
        MDMSG.H
        MDSIMSGS.H
        olectl.h
        WPAPIMSG.H
        WPCRSMSG.H
        WPFTPMSG.H
        WPPSTMSG.H
        WPWIZMSG.H
        WinSock.h
        WinSock2.h
        and more...

Adding to Visual Studio
        You can add HRPlus.exe to VS Tools Menu using "Customize..."
        submenu and Tab "Tools" in it.

For latest updates:
        http://www.*-*-*.com/
        ftp://ftp.softstyle.com
Any questions? please email me:

Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HRESULT Plus Error Lookup Tool update ...

2. HRESULT Plus Error Lookup Tool update ...

3. HRESULT Lookup Tool...

4. HRESULT Lookup Tool...

5. HRESULT Lookup Tool...

6. Link Error after Update to Embeded Visual Tools 3

7. C/C++ tools, tool producer lists updated

8. Diabolical plus plus

9. stack plus data exceed 64K error

10. header file build errors (Book: C++ Primer Plus)

11. ERROR : HResult:0x80040202

12. analysing hresult error codes