VC 6.0 Dialog editor Combobox height resize
Author Message
 VC 6.0 Dialog editor Combobox height resize

Probably a oversight on my part, but my VC 6.0 dialog editor
will not let me manually resize the height of both the Combobox
and the Extended Comboxbox. I can see the solid color handles for
the width resizing, but not the height. VC 5.0 at my work allows
the height resizing. Besides the difference in the VC versions,
the VC 6.0 version is a standard build, while  the VC 5.0 is a
Enterprise build. If the build is the reason, I sure can't find
a reference online to the fact.

Anyone know anything about this problem?

-Robb

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VC 6.0 Dialog editor Combobox height resize
Click the drop down button on the combobox.  This allows you to resize the
height of the drop down.

Quote:
> Probably a oversight on my part, but my VC 6.0 dialog editor
> will not let me manually resize the height of both the Combobox
> and the Extended Comboxbox. I can see the solid color handles for
> the width resizing, but not the height. VC 5.0 at my work allows
> the height resizing. Besides the difference in the VC versions,
> the VC 6.0 version is a standard build, while  the VC 5.0 is a
> Enterprise build. If the build is the reason, I sure can't find
> a reference online to the fact.

> Anyone know anything about this problem?

> -Robb

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VC 6.0 Dialog editor Combobox height resize
Erik,

Sorry I wasn't more specific. I can't resize the height of
the edit window portion of the Combobox (like one can with
a CEdit control). The preset height of the Comboboxes can
sometimes be too tall (especially when you have many and
there is limited vertical height on the dialog).

There is another difference I forgot to mention. The VC5.0
is running on Win2000 while the VC6.0 is on Win98. Probably
not the issue because VC5.0 wasn't designed for Win2000 anyway.

-Robb

Quote:
> Click the drop down button on the combobox.  This allows you to
resize the
> height of the drop down.

> > Probably a oversight on my part, but my VC 6.0 dialog editor
> > will not let me manually resize the height of both the Combobox
> > and the Extended Comboxbox. I can see the solid color handles for
> > the width resizing, but not the height. VC 5.0 at my work allows
> > the height resizing. Besides the difference in the VC versions,
> > the VC 6.0 version is a standard build, while  the VC 5.0 is a
> > Enterprise build. If the build is the reason, I sure can't find
> > a reference online to the fact.

> > Anyone know anything about this problem?

> > -Robb

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dialog Editor Doesn't Allow EditCtrl To Resize Height Below a Minimum

2. Dialogs/ Dialog editor ques: grouping, tabs and combobox

3. VC 6.0 editor extremely slow!

4. VC 6.0 editor drop-downs going away

5. Custom controls and VC.NET dialog editor

6. Using ActiveX control in Dialog editor in VC++5.0

7. Using ActiveX control in Dialog editor in VC++5.0

8. Looking for VC dialog editor-like app example

9. VC 5.0 Slow in dialog editor on Network.

10. ComboBox & Textbox Height mismatch

11. Algorithm for determining combobox height?

12. How to change combobox height