Colour Syntax highlighting for non-standard file extensions
Author Message
 Colour Syntax highlighting for non-standard file extensions

Hi,

I am using MS VC++ 5.0 & Dev Studio and I have a requirement to
use non-standard file extensions for some header files, unfortunately
this is unavoidable.

The files all have the names *.pc or *.lc where * is the name of the file.
They are all C/C++ header files.

I need to know if there is a way of getting the Dev Studio to recognise
all files with these extensions as being C/C++ header files and apply
the appropriate colour syntax highlighting.

I have tried adding *.pc and *.lc into langext.dat, but it doesn't work. If

I put the full name (eg mike.pc) into langext.dat then this does seem
to work, but I need a way to force Dev Studio to recognise *all* files
with these extensions :-(

I would be grateful if you could email any reply as well as post to the

Thanks for your help,

Mike Davies

Sun, 31 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Colour Syntax highlighting for non-standard file extensions
Hi,

Does this mean that there is no way to do this in VC++5.0 ?
Or just that no-one knows how :-)

Mike Davies

Fri, 05 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Colour Syntax highlighting for non-standard file extensions

Quote:

>I need to know if there is a way of getting the Dev Studio to recognise
>all files with these extensions as being C/C++ header files and apply
>the appropriate colour syntax highlighting.

You can get the syntax highlighting by modifying the appropriate
registry entry -- look for a key named "Text Editor\Tabs/Language Settings",
and add the appropriate extensions to the FileExtensions list.

  Katy

--
Katy Mulvey       Please post support questions - I won't answer emailed ones.
Software Development Engineer       ORMEC Systems         http://www.ormec.com

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Colour Syntax highlighting for non-standard file extensions
Add the .plc to the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\DevStudio\5.0\Text
Editor\Tabs/Language Settings\C/C++

James

Mon, 08 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Colour Syntax highlighting for non-standard file extensions

Quote:
> >I need to know if there is a way of getting the Dev Studio to recognise
> >all files with these extensions as being C/C++ header files and apply
> >the appropriate colour syntax highlighting.

> You can get the syntax highlighting by modifying the appropriate
> registry entry -- look for a key named "Text Editor\Tabs/Language
Settings",
> and add the appropriate extensions to the FileExtensions list.

>   Katy

Thanks a lot,  that did the trick.

Mike Davies

Tue, 09 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. syntax highlighting non C/C++ files

2. DAO and FoxPro Table with Non Standard Extension

3. asm files and syntax-highlighting in visual studio6

4. Menu highlight colour.

5. Non-traditional file extensions

6. Syntax Highlighting...

7. Syntax highlighting with the .NET Framework

8. Syntax Highlight Control

9. Awk Script Syntax Highlighting

10. Syntax highlighting with MSWord

11. Syntax Highlighting

12. How to print C programs with some syntax highlighting