Linking Problem
Author Message
 Linking Problem

I have a workspace that contains two projects.  The first one (ProjA) is to
build a static library.  And the second one(ProjB) is to build an MFC
executable that uses functions in the static librarary.  If I set ProjA to
be the active project, then I can compiled and create the library without
any probrem.  After the library is created, and then I can set ProjB active,
compile and create the executable file: no errors, no warnings.

However, if ProjB is the active project, and I changed any source code that
belongs to the ProjA, and then choose to create ProjB executable. Because
ProjA is set as the dependency of ProjB, of-course, the library will then be
compiled first.  When the ProjA is compiled this way, I get tons of LNK2001
errors on unresolved external symbols that belong to classes in the library
of ProjA.

Does anyone know why?

Sat, 01 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Linking Problem

I don't see any reason why ProjB should complain unless its not able to
find the lib file. Use the /verbose liker switch and see whether the ProjA
lib file is being found. Do a rebuild all and see if that helps.

Sun, 02 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Linking problem: strncasecmp can not be linked

2. linking problem (link bug?)

3. Template Implementaion in a DLL problem linking problem...

4. linking problem

5. Link problem. Can't find VSCRT

6. Managed c++ with unmanaged code Linking problem...

7. Managed code and std library linking problem

8. Visual C++ linking problem...

9. Link problem

10. CRect linking problem with VC++7

11. Linking problem on a migrated VC6 Win32 DLL project

12. Linking problem