lost CD key, help!
Author Message
 lost CD key, help!

Help! I've got Visual C++ 5.0 and the CD has been sitting for months in the
computer drive. It has been so long that I've lost the box, with the CD key.

If I have to install it again, I'm dead, no CD key. I went to the About and
the Product ID is 59819-296-0231796-24009. This is too long a number to be
the CD key, but maybe the key is buried inside it?

Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to retrieve the key BEFORE I actually
need it?

Thanks,

Ilan

Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 lost CD key, help!

Quote:
> the Product ID is 59819-296-0231796-24009. This is too long a number to be

Have you tried using just the middle two numbers?? 296-0231796???

If not, then try 111-1111111 or 112-1111111 should work with any CD

-Andy

Quote:
> Help! I've got Visual C++ 5.0 and the CD has been sitting for months in
the
> computer drive. It has been so long that I've lost the box, with the CD
key.

> If I have to install it again, I'm dead, no CD key. I went to the About
and
> the Product ID is 59819-296-0231796-24009. This is too long a number to be
> the CD key, but maybe the key is buried inside it?

> Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to retrieve the key BEFORE I
actually
> need it?

> Thanks,

> Ilan

Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 lost CD key, help!
Andy,
Thanks. I haven't tried ANYTHING. I just discovered there might be a problem
and I wanted to solve it BEFORE it became a crisis. With your ideas
I'm sure I can avoid any crisis.

Ilan

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Lost CD Key