REPOST: AutoExp.dat and STL string member variables
Author Message
 REPOST: AutoExp.dat and STL string member variables

No-one replied to my previous post so I am having another go ....

I have these classes and I wish to setup up a AutoExp.dat entry to
display TagletNamed (and also some more complicated derivatives of
Taglet). (The 'string' class is the STL one.)

class Taglet
{
  protected:
  enum {TCLeft, TCRight, TCTop} m_eCategory;
public:
  virtual Taglet* Clone() = 0;
  virtual string GetString() const = 0;

Quote:
};

class TagletNamed : public Taglet
{
protected:
  string m_strName;
public:
  TagletNamed(string a_strName);
  TagletNamed(const TagletNamed& a_tltOther);
  virtual Taglet* Clone();
  virtual string GetString() const;
  virtual string GetName() const;

protected:
 void CopyAssign(const TagletNamed& a_tltOther);

Quote:
};

If I use
TagletNamed=cat=<m_eCategory> name=<m_strName._Ptr,s> then, in the
Watch window or wherever, I get
{cat=TCLeft name=???}

I have tried all sorts of combinations (with or without the '._Ptr',
with all the string type format specifiers or none) and it will just
not display m_strName.
This despite the fact that if I watch the m_strName variable
individually - say in the TagletNamed constructor - it displays fine!

Can anyone tell me what the right format is?

Thanks in advance

Pablo Canary

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 09 Jun 2003 17:29:58 GMT

1. AutoExp.dat and member variables of (STL) string type

2. BUG: autoexp.dat is wrong for std:basic_string

3. autoexp.dat and function calls

4. autoexp.dat and VC7

5. AutoExp.dat with Interfaces

6. BUG: autoexp.dat is wrong for std:basic_string

7. BUG with: AutoExp.dat in VC.NET

8. HOWTO: Enhancing AUTOEXP.DAT - Creating Custom Type Evaluator Routines

9. Inheritance in autoexp.dat

10. autoexp.dat there but ignore?

11. Problem with AutoExp.Dat

12. AutoExp.dat and NoStepInto