search path updating
Author Message
 search path updating

Hi,

Can't figure out a way of having VC6 update the project options ( include
and lib paths) when an existing projects workspace is opened.

I'm stuck with whatever include/lib paths are the registry at the time of
opening, consequently I have to re-enter the directories->include and
library according to which project I am working on

Is there a way of generating a kind of project makefile where search paths
etc. reside, and have VC update its environment accordingly?

David

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 22:38:30 GMT
 search path updating

Are you only using the Tools|Options|Directories entries?
Both include and lib paths can also be entered under Project/Settings:
  Include: C/C++ Tab, Preprocessor choice in combo
  Lib:     Link Tab, Input choice in combo
These are then specific to each project.

HTH,
Steve

Quote:

> Hi,

> Can't figure out a way of having VC6 update the project options ( include
> and lib paths) when an existing projects workspace is opened.

> I'm stuck with whatever include/lib paths are the registry at the time of
> opening, consequently I have to re-enter the directories->include and
> library according to which project I am working on

> Is there a way of generating a kind of project makefile where search paths
> etc. reside, and have VC update its environment accordingly?

> David

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 23:59:03 GMT

1. Search paths for loading DLLs

2. Search Path equivalent ???

3. Question in regards to search path

4. symbol search path

5. #using search path?

6. Include search path

7. Search Path in C# and Visual Studio .NET solutions

8. Question in regards to search path

9. DllImport specified search path

10. Search-Path for C(++) DLLs under Windows ?

11. Depth-First Search and tracking of paths taken.

12. Searching files within a path