Runtime Error Starting VC++ 6
Author Message
 Runtime Error Starting VC++ 6

Hi all,

I just installed Visual C++ 6.0 w/SP3 on a Windows 2000 (NTFS) PC.  When
I run it as administrator, it works fine, but when I run it as a normal
user, I get:

Runtime Error!

Program ...les\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin\DSDEV.EXE

abnormal program termination

What could be the problem?

I appreciate any help to this matter.

Jimmy

Tue, 08 Jul 2003 07:45:11 GMT
 Runtime Error Starting VC++ 6

When did it happen? Just when you launch VC? What account did you use to
install VC?

Those are my suggestions:

1) launch VC in command line first to see if the problem still exists.

2) Select this folder and set its security through explorer. Makeit cna be
read and executed by normal users.

Tue, 08 Jul 2003 13:34:41 GMT

1. Error when starting vc++ in vis studio 6

2. runtime error, VC++ bug?

3. MS VC Runtime assertion error?

4. ADO VC code get runtime error

5. why my simple ado vc code get runtime error

6. Runtime error in VC .NET MFC class wizard

7. VC++ Runtime Error on the internet !!

8. Create instance error in VC. for Microsoft Scripting Runtime

9. Runtime error in VC .NET MFC class wizard

10. Vexing VC++ runtime error

11. Runtime error in VC++ 6 application

12. I have got an error, after compiling and starting dbdao-samples in VC 6.0