VC++ 6.0 Editor Emulates VI?
Author Message
 VC++ 6.0 Editor Emulates VI?

Hello,

I recently purchased MSVC++6.0 and am just learning to use it.

I was glancing through a book in the book store today and noticed that
in _Programming Microsoft Visual C++ Fifth Edition_ (the latest from
Microsoft, "Covers Version 6") that the editor is supposed to be able to
emulate VI.

Using Tools->Options->Compatibility, I see the following four choices
for "Current source editor emulation":

        Developer Studio
        Visual C++ 2.0
        BRIEF
        Epsilon

I suspect that the book is based on a pre-release version of MSVC++6.0
and the VI option didn't make it into the final product.

Does anyone know anything about this? Perhaps the VI emulation is an
add-on or perhaps there is some other way of customizing the editor.

--
Robert Paulsen                         http://www.*-*-*.com/
If my return address contains "ZAP." please remove it. Sorry for the

Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. vi keybindings in VC++ Editor?

2. Emulate VC 6.0 Compiler/Linker

3. vi editor

4. Borland Editor like vi?

5. X Window vi-like editor for C/C++?

6. Class Editor / Diagramer with VC++ 6.0

7. VC 6.0 Dialog editor Combobox height resize

8. Class Editor / Diagramer with VC++ 6.0

9. VC 6.0 editor extremely slow!

10. VC 6.0 editor drop-downs going away

11. Class Editor / Diagramer with VC++ 6.0

12. VC++ 6.0 Resource Editor Considered Harmful