ATL Prop Page ShellEX - Can't use DTPicker control on dialog resource, page disappears
Author Message
 ATL Prop Page ShellEX - Can't use DTPicker control on dialog resource, page disappears

I am using Shaun Wilde's shell extension ATL Object Wizard
http://www.*-*-*.com/
manipulates filetimes. I have the dialog up and running with a label, 3
editbox and 1 button control.

However, as soon as I add the DTPicker control to the dialog (and rebuild),
the property page disappears.

Is there something special I have to do for the more complicated common
controls? Can it be done at resource time? If I need to manually create and
draw the DTPicker control after the property page is created, I could use
some help in how to do that.

I'm using ATLCON.h wrappers for my edit controls until I figure out a way to
use the DTPicker, if that makes it any easier for someone to describe a
manual-creation mechanism.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 02:52:38 GMT
 ATL Prop Page ShellEX - Can't use DTPicker control on dialog resource, page disappears

Quote:
>However, as soon as I add the DTPicker control to the dialog (and rebuild),
>the property page disappears.

Have you called InitCommonControlsEx with ICC_DATE_CLASSES?

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 06:37:46 GMT
 ATL Prop Page ShellEX - Can't use DTPicker control on dialog resource, page disappears
is DTPicker an activex control?? sounds like it

you can get round it by creating the dialog indirectly after setting
m_psp.pResource = _DialogSplitHelper::SplitDialogTemplate(...
check out the atl Dialog code for constructing dialog indirectly.... hope
this helps.

Quote:
> I am using Shaun Wilde's shell extension ATL Object Wizard
> http://www.codeproject.com/atl/shellext.asp to make a shellex that
> manipulates filetimes. I have the dialog up and running with a label, 3
> editbox and 1 button control.

> However, as soon as I add the DTPicker control to the dialog (and
rebuild),
> the property page disappears.

> Is there something special I have to do for the more complicated common
> controls? Can it be done at resource time? If I need to manually create
and
> draw the DTPicker control after the property page is created, I could use
> some help in how to do that.

> I'm using ATLCON.h wrappers for my edit controls until I figure out a way
> use the DTPicker, if that makes it any easier for someone to describe a
> manual-creation mechanism.

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ATL Prop Page ShellEX - Can't use DTPicker control on dialog resource, page disappears
There's a regular (non-ActiveX version) of the same control - it is a
Common Control. Then one has to call InitCommonControlsEx and
specify the ICC_DATE_CLASSES flag. Beware that this control
requires IE 4.0 or greater to be installed on the machine - won't work
on bare bones Win95 (if this is an issue that is...).

--
=====================================
Alexander Nickolov

MVP VC FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
=====================================

Quote:
> is DTPicker an activex control?? sounds like it

> you can get round it by creating the dialog indirectly after setting
> m_psp.pResource = _DialogSplitHelper::SplitDialogTemplate(...
> check out the atl Dialog code for constructing dialog indirectly.... hope
> this helps.

> > I am using Shaun Wilde's shell extension ATL Object Wizard
> > http://www.codeproject.com/atl/shellext.asp to make a shellex that
> > manipulates filetimes. I have the dialog up and running with a label, 3
> > editbox and 1 button control.

> > However, as soon as I add the DTPicker control to the dialog (and
> rebuild),
> > the property page disappears.

> > Is there something special I have to do for the more complicated common
> > controls? Can it be done at resource time? If I need to manually create
> and
> > draw the DTPicker control after the property page is created, I could
use
> > some help in how to do that.

> > I'm using ATLCON.h wrappers for my edit controls until I figure out a
way
> > use the DTPicker, if that makes it any easier for someone to describe a
> > manual-creation mechanism.

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. ATL Prop Page ShellEX - Can't use DTPicker control on dialog resource, page disappears

2. ATL Prop Page with Text Dialogs

3. F1 Help in ATL Prop Page

4. Extension DLL, Prop pages, and Dialog lock up

5. Tab control, prop page and an extra combo box

6. Using an ATL control in a Web page

7. Property Page isn't viewable when containing Common Dialog Control

8. Windowless control (ATL) doesn't work correctly on VC++ dialog resource

9. Show() is not calling for second time, when i switch from other Prop Page

10. Derived object in prop page

11. caption of property page in prop. sheet

12. Prop pages without the tabs