Workspace Debug and Release folders
Author Message
 Workspace Debug and Release folders

I have a workspace filled with about 10 projects,
and i've noticed that in the directory of the .dsw
file, it keeps creating "Debug" and "Release" folders
with nothing in them.

I'm {*filter*}about my directory structure and it annoys
me that these keep getting put there. Is there some
setting I can change to stop this from happening?

Thanks,
Aaron

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 06:50:44 GMT
 Workspace Debug and Release folders
I don't think so. They are always there for me too. I 've never figured how
to get rid of them.
--
Randy Charles Morin
Author of Programming Windows Services

Feel free to contact me by private email or messenger

Quote:
> I have a workspace filled with about 10 projects,
> and i've noticed that in the directory of the .dsw
> file, it keeps creating "Debug" and "Release" folders
> with nothing in them.

> I'm {*filter*}about my directory structure and it annoys
> me that these keep getting put there. Is there some
> setting I can change to stop this from happening?

> Thanks,
> Aaron

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 10:12:36 GMT
 Workspace Debug and Release folders
From VC->menu Project->Setting->General tab there are settings for output
directories.
You can change it as you will.

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 14:23:28 GMT
 Workspace Debug and Release folders
I probably went about this the most unefficiant way but this is how i got it
setup

i created all my projects, then decided its getting a bit unwieldly to do
them one at a time

created a blank workspace and inserted all the existing projects into it

no extra directories created.

Quote:
> I have a workspace filled with about 10 projects,
> and i've noticed that in the directory of the .dsw
> file, it keeps creating "Debug" and "Release" folders
> with nothing in them.

> I'm {*filter*}about my directory structure and it annoys
> me that these keep getting put there. Is there some
> setting I can change to stop this from happening?

> Thanks,
> Aaron

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 21:02:46 GMT

1. Managed VC++.NET (2002): Run the .exe file in the Debug or Release Folder

2. Extraneous Debug & Release folders

3. Visual Studio makes Debug/Release directories in current working folder

4. Helps need on adding debug info to release mode so to debug release code

5. Adding files and folders to a project in the file View of a Workspace

6. Debug build fine, release crashes unless we link with debug Multi-Threaded library

7. Debugging without a project or workspace file

8. Program argument settings for debugging not saved in Project Workspace

9. Debugging without project workspace

10. Debugging without a project or workspace file

11. Release builds have debug info on by default?

12. debugging release version of exe