VC6 DevStudio Macro files have Incorrect Icon Association
Author Message
 VC6 DevStudio Macro files have Incorrect Icon Association

In Visual C++ version 6 the Developer Studio Macro (*.DSM) files have an
incorrect icon association.

It should be a green diamond connected to three green squares.  Instead it's
an image of some sort.

When I attempt to locate the correct icon, Explorer opens Shell32.dll.
Shell32.dll does not contain *either* the incorrect image icon or the
correct one.

Does anyone know file contains the correct icon image for DSM files?

Thanks,

-john

Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VC6 DevStudio Macro files have Incorrect Icon Association
It's MSDEV.EXE - which on my machine is:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin\Msdev.exe

I think the icon you describe is number 9, Dev Studio seems to have set it
to -2021 or something

eric

Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. File associations & icons

2. Getting file association icons...

3. Recognition of file types/ Icon association like windows does

4. File association problem with updating Icons

5. Icons for File associations

6. retrieve icons from file associations

7. Can I do CreateObject from inside DevStudio macro files

8. DevStudio custom associations???

9. Incorrect macro expansion

10. Converting DevStudio Add-in from VC6 to VC7

11. Creating complicated DevStudio macros

12. DevStudio Macro Terminator: msdev.exe - Application Error