VC++ DLL -> Win DLL
Author Message
 VC++ DLL -> Win DLL

 Hi All,
 I have a VC++ DLL that I can't use except when calling from within a VC++ App. I
want to convert this to a Windows DLL that I can access using other programs.

 Any Advise ... ?

 Regards

Fri, 05 Dec 2003 17:31:28 GMT
 VC++ DLL -> Win DLL
Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by "translate a VC++ DLL into a Windows DLL".
VC++ DLL and Windows DLL are the same concept.

For a DLL, a program can link a DLL in two ways:

1. Implicit linking (Require a header file and an import library of DLL)
2. Explicit linking (Need to call LoadLibrary, GetProcAddress functions)

For more information, please refer to MSDN online at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/devprods/vs6/visualc/vccore/_core_l...
executable_to_a_dll.htm

Regards,
HuangTM

Fri, 05 Dec 2003 19:47:43 GMT
 VC++ DLL -> Win DLL

 It is just that I have a DLL that was built with VC++, and I can't access it
using Borland Delphi. So, I need a way to convert this DLL to some form that
Delphi Understands, like Common Windows DLL's for example ...

 Thanx

Quote:
I am not sure what you mean by "translate a VC++ DLL into a Windows DLL".
VC++ DLL and Windows DLL are the same concept.

For a DLL, a program can link a DLL in two ways:

1. Implicit linking (Require a header file and an import library of DLL)
2. Explicit linking (Need to call LoadLibrary, GetProcAddress functions)

For more information, please refer to MSDN online at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/devprods/vs6/visualc/vccore/_core_l...
executable_to_a_dll.htm

Regards,
HuangTM

.

Fri, 05 Dec 2003 21:01:11 GMT
 VC++ DLL -> Win DLL
Hi,

One thing you should consider when calling a VC dll from other languages
such as VB, Delphi is the calling convention. You shoud use the _stdcall
calling convention for the export functions. For example:

int __stdcall test(int a)
{
   return a+1;

Quote:
}

Then export the function in .DEF file something like:

EXPORTS

Hope it helps.

Regards,
HuangTM

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 14:27:21 GMT

1. VC++ DLL -> Windows DLL

2. MFCApp ->Dll ext->Dll Ext (Dialog) resource handling

3. Java->JNI->C++->vb.dll

4. DLL on Win NT vs. Win 95

5. DLL on Win NT vs. Win 95

6. Win 95 to Win 98 problem with DLL