MSDN Printing Problem
Author Message
 MSDN Printing Problem

When printing articles from MSDN some
lines are missing the rightmost word.

Is this a MSDN problem or HtmlHelp problem?
Anyone experienced the same?

H?vard Lerstad

Wed, 03 Dec 2003 09:19:46 GMT
 MSDN Printing Problem
I find that if I have my browser is using frames, I lose information (words)
on the right hand side of the printout.

You might try changing your font size and see if the same words are missing.

If not, you have a print problem.

When you display it on the screen, all the words are there?

Quote:
> When printing articles from MSDN some
> lines are missing the rightmost word.

> Is this a MSDN problem or HtmlHelp problem?
> Anyone experienced the same?

> H?vard Lerstad

Fri, 05 Dec 2003 22:00:21 GMT
 MSDN Printing Problem
I've also noticed this problem, (only when choosing to print selected
heading and all subtopics), but have found an acceptable workaround.  When
you choose to print from the MSDN Library and the printer dialog  box comes
onto the screen, navigate to your Temp directory (you can determine what
your temp directory is by checking your environment variables -  From an
MSDOS window type 'set'  -- look for TEMP= or TMP=).  There will be a file
created there that has a name of the format ~hh*.htm.  If you double-click
this file, it will open without frames in your browser.  You can choose
print from the browser window and have it print successfully (no words
dropped).   Then you can cancel your original print from the MSDN Library.

I hope this works for you too!

Abbie

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 07:23:26 GMT
 MSDN Printing Problem
Thanks, this worked just fine!

But, where is the real problem? What program/s
are processing the temp-file and loosing the words?

H?vard

Quote:
> I've also noticed this problem, (only when choosing to
print selected
> heading and all subtopics), but have found an acceptable
workaround.  When
> you choose to print from the MSDN Library and the printer
dialog  box comes
> onto the screen, navigate to your Temp directory (you can
determine what
> your temp directory is by checking your environment

variables -  From an
Quote:
> MSDOS window type 'set'  -- look for TEMP= or TMP=).

There will be a file
Quote:
> created there that has a name of the format ~hh*.htm.  If
you double-click
> this file, it will open without frames in your browser.
You can choose
> print from the browser window and have it print

successfully (no words
Quote:
> dropped).   Then you can cancel your original print from
the MSDN Library.

> I hope this works for you too!

> Abbie

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 18:16:51 GMT
 MSDN Printing Problem
I don't know where the real problem is.  I'm currently trying to track down
the experts to have them take a look at it.

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 12:09:02 GMT

1. Printing Problems (how to print, pause printing, then print more)

2. Rich Edit Control Printing Problem (like the print preview problem)

3. MSDN help gone after MSDN update

4. Google is a better MSDN than MSDN

5. MSDN Walkthrough problems?

6. problem with MSDN example, I need help.

7. Problem with ADO example from MSDN - ???

8. Problem reinstalling MSDN Library January 2002

9. January 2002 MSDN problem with VC++6 Pro

10. Problems with Jan 2002 MSDN and VS 6

11. MSDN, and memory problem

12. Linking problem with MSDN tutorial...