VC Linker Options
Author Message
 VC Linker Options

Hi!

Does anybody know what influence the project setting "Not Using MFC"
resp. "MFC static lib"/"...DLL" has when one builds no executeable?

In particular, what does mean it when I build a static library? DOES it mean
anything?

Please answer me per mail.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas Stfe

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VC Linker Options
with    "Not Using MFC" it is implied that you do not intend to use M\NFC
library classes in you project. This would create a small executable. This
is mainly used when you want to create a SDK application as popularly called
with MFC in Static you would not need to redistribute MFC DLLs as the
necessary stuff is linked within your exe itself, the exe size would be
bigger when compared to MFC in shared. Online help has more detailed
explanation

Rajesh Parikh
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

>Hi!

>Does anybody know what influence the project setting "Not Using MFC"
>resp. "MFC static lib"/"...DLL" has when one builds no executeable?

>In particular, what does mean it when I build a static library? DOES it
mean
>anything?

>Please answer me per mail.

>Thanks in advance,
>Thomas Stfe

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC Linker Options

2. VC Linker Options

3. Missing VC++.NET Compiler and Linker Options tab

4. Incremental linker bug in VC++6/SP5 and VC++.NET

5. Q:linker options

6. linker option!

7. linker option: using /opt:ref with /ZI

8. Linker Options

9. set linker options problem

10. Linker options

11. question on Linker option /opt:ref