VS.NET version control customization
Author Message
 VS.NET version control customization

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to customize the version
control-related windows in VS.NET.  For example, the "Check In"
window, which is similar to the "Pending Checkins" window, doesn't
provide an easy way for the user to specify different comments for
each file to be checked in.

Is it possible to customize VS.NET to write one's own "Check
In"/"Pending Checkins" windows, with extra/added functionality?  Would
it be possible to do this kind of thing with VS.NET IDE add-ins, or is
this too low-level for add-ins?

All responses are appreciated.

Lawrence

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 02:25:11 GMT
 VS.NET version control customization
Hi Lawrence,

Basically, there is no easy way to do that. Some windows are shown by
SourceSafe, and cannot be customized at all. Other windows belong to Visual
Studio itself, and you can get some control over them via Visual Studio
automation, but not as much as you want. You can take a look at Visual
Studio automation documentation in Visual Studio help. Type in "Automation
model" in help index.

Regards,
Krassimir Karamfilov, Victor Urnyshev
Visual Studio Core Team
---
---

Quote:
> Hello,

> I would like to know if it's possible to customize the version
> control-related windows in VS.NET.  For example, the "Check In"
> window, which is similar to the "Pending Checkins" window, doesn't
> provide an easy way for the user to specify different comments for
> each file to be checked in.

> Is it possible to customize VS.NET to write one's own "Check
> In"/"Pending Checkins" windows, with extra/added functionality?  Would
> it be possible to do this kind of thing with VS.NET IDE add-ins, or is
> this too low-level for add-ins?

> All responses are appreciated.

> Lawrence

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 05:46:47 GMT

1. Changes in C# between VS.NET Beta and VS.NET Final versions

2. HELP!!(How to make release version or install version in VS.NET)

3. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional

4. VS.NET 2003 VC++ and .NET controls

5. Strange problem for 2 versions of VS.Net

6. VS.net versions?

7. Which VC++ Version in VS.NET?

8. C# Version in VS.Net Class Library?

9. Fixed version of VS.NET Beta 2?

10. Version Control in C#.NET standard edition

11. Release version vs. Debug version

12. Help: Debug Version vs Release Version