"File in editor was changed outside the editor! Reload?"
Author Message
 "File in editor was changed outside the editor! Reload?"

We use Visual C++ 5.0 and work with projects on a samba drive.
Permanently appears a message "File in editor was changed outside the
editor! Reload?" (I don't know the correct english message). This
message is nonsense.

Is there a possibility to supress this message?
It has to do with samba. Has anyone expierences with samba and Visual
Studio?

Best regards.

Michael Wisse

Hochschule Harz
Fachbereich Automatisierung und Informatik
Friedrichstra?e 57-59
D-38855 Wernigerode

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "File in editor was changed outside the editor! Reload?"
Goto Tools|Options|Editor
In the middle group there is an option to automatically reload
externally modified files.  Checking it will suppress the msg.

Quote:

>We use Visual C++ 5.0 and work with projects on a samba drive.
>Permanently appears a message "File in editor was changed outside the
>editor! Reload?" (I don't know the correct english message). This
>message is nonsense.

>Is there a possibility to supress this message?
>It has to do with samba. Has anyone expierences with samba and Visual
>Studio?

>Best regards.

>Michael Wisse

>Hochschule Harz
>Fachbereich Automatisierung und Informatik
>Friedrichstra?e 57-59
>D-38855 Wernigerode

Whole Tomato Software
http://www.WholeTomato.com

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "File in editor was changed outside the editor! Reload?"

Quote:
>We use Visual C++ 5.0 and work with projects on a samba drive.
>Permanently appears a message "File in editor was changed outside the
>editor! Reload?" (I don't know the correct english message). This
>message is nonsense.

>Is there a possibility to supress this message?
>It has to do with samba. Has anyone expierences with samba and Visual
>Studio?

I have the same problem and I think it is due to the date
representation in the samba drive.
You can verify this simply by copying a file to the samba disk and
checking date stamps, they appear to be different.
It would be useful to disable the auto-reloading of external modified
files to avoid losing the work when you use the 'y' key in your source
and in the same moment VS asks if you want to reload the files.
By using the option 'auto-reload externally modified files' as someone
suggested you can automatically lose your changes !
I had to make a local copy of my sources and periodically copied them
to the samba drive.
If someone else knows a better solution please post it.

Thu, 06 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "File in editor was changed outside the editor! Reload?"

Quote:
>I have the same problem and I think it is due to the date
>representation in the samba drive.
>You can verify this simply by copying a file to the samba disk and
>checking date stamps, they appear to be different.
>It would be useful to disable the auto-reloading of external modified
>files to avoid losing the work when you use the 'y' key in your source
>and in the same moment VS asks if you want to reload the files.
>By using the option 'auto-reload externally modified files' as someone
>suggested you can automatically lose your changes !
>I had to make a local copy of my sources and periodically copied them
>to the samba drive.
>If someone else knows a better solution please post it.

You should also check for system clock skew between the Samba server and
your workstation...look into using Dimension4 or some such NNTP utility to
lock up the clocks to a master time source.

Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. REQ: "Intelligent Editor " for UNIX

2. Resource editor "cannot add new member"

3. Programming a simple "text editor"

4. Find "default text editor"

5. collection editor "null reference exception"

6. File modifid outside of the source editor

7. File was modified outside the source editor...

8. File was modified outside the source editor...

9. "File has been modified outside source editor"

10. "File has been modified outside source editor"

11. Keep getting - "This file has been modified outside the source editor. "

12. clw file always modified outside of the source editor