How to specify version number in a DLL project?
Author Message
 How to specify version number in a DLL project?

Environment: VC++ 6.0 SP#3, Windows 95

Would like to know how to enter version number information for a Win32,
Windows DLL project in VC++ IDE.

When I select the DLL in Windows Explorer, right-click, and select
"Properties", I need to see in the  "Version" tab, the version number I
specified when I compiled the project.

Tried /V option, like /V"2.0" in "Project Settings" "Compile" tab. Getting a
warning message and compiler ignore the option.

Thanks in advance

-Nazir

Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to specify version number in a DLL project?
Add an rc file to the project if one isn't there , then add a version
resource. In the version resource you can specify the file version, product
name, etc.

Tue, 04 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Project Version Numbering

2. Project Version/Build numbers

3. DLL version numbers

4. Generating Version Number for DLL

5. Update DLL version number - how to?

6. DLL Version Number

7. Dll Version Number Incrementing

8. Setting the version of ComCtl32.dll in VC6 project

9. problem with version resource in DLL project

10. Setting the version of ComCtl32.dll in VC6 project

11. Problems on making several versions of DLL from a project

12. Getting a file version number as a number