Adding new Menu to main MenuBar in Visual Studio
Author Message
 Adding new Menu to main MenuBar in Visual Studio

Can anyone tell me the 'trick' to adding a new Menu to the main
MenuBar in the Visual Studio IDE?

If you go to "Tools -> Customize", on the "Commands" tab, and choose
"NewMenu", you can drag it up to the main MenuBar, and it does briefly
flash a "Custom Menu 1" box, but it disappears almost too fast to see.

I know this can be done _somehow_, as both Purify and BoundsChecker
install their own menus on the main MenuBar.  I need to be able to do
this for an in-house project.

Thanks for any help.

(To reply by EMail...   'essayess' == 'sas'.)

---------------
Jim Cooper

Any opinions expressed herein are mine (Mine, all mine!  Ha, ha, ha!),
and not necessarily those of my employer.

Out of sorts?  Heck, I'm out of *most* algorithms!

Tue, 24 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding new Menu to main MenuBar in Visual Studio

Quote:
>Can anyone tell me the 'trick' to adding a new Menu to the main
>MenuBar in the Visual Studio IDE?

>If you go to "Tools -> Customize", on the "Commands" tab, and choose
>"NewMenu", you can drag it up to the main MenuBar, and it does briefly
>flash a "Custom Menu 1" box, but it disappears almost too fast to see.

>I know this can be done _somehow_, as both Purify and BoundsChecker
>install their own menus on the main MenuBar.  I need to be able to do
>this for an in-house project.

>Thanks for any help.

>(To reply by EMail...   'essayess' == 'sas'.)

>---------------
>Jim Cooper

>Any opinions expressed herein are mine (Mine, all mine!  Ha, ha, ha!),
>and not necessarily those of my employer.

>Out of sorts?  Heck, I'm out of *most* algorithms!

Nobody knows??

---------------
Jim Cooper

Any opinions expressed herein are mine (Mine, all mine!  Ha, ha, ha!),
and not necessarily those of my employer.

Out of sorts?  Heck, I'm out of *most* algorithms!

Sun, 05 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding new Menu to main MenuBar in Visual Studio

Jim,

I have created my own menus several times and have not had any problems.
After choosing Tools ->Customize->Commands and then New Menu under
Cateogry,  I drag and drop the New Menu from the commands section to my VC
Toolbar.  Now I am ready to drag and drop items to this new menu.
This might have been exactly what you were doing, but I wanted you to know
it does work.  Hope this helps.

scott

Quote:

> >Can anyone tell me the 'trick' to adding a new Menu to the main
> >MenuBar in the Visual Studio IDE?

> >If you go to "Tools -> Customize", on the "Commands" tab, and choose
> >"NewMenu", you can drag it up to the main MenuBar, and it does briefly
> >flash a "Custom Menu 1" box, but it disappears almost too fast to see.

> >I know this can be done _somehow_, as both Purify and BoundsChecker
> >install their own menus on the main MenuBar.  I need to be able to do
> >this for an in-house project.

> >Thanks for any help.

> >(To reply by EMail...   'essayess' == 'sas'.)

> >---------------
> >Jim Cooper

> >Any opinions expressed herein are mine (Mine, all mine!  Ha, ha, ha!),
> >and not necessarily those of my employer.

> >Out of sorts?  Heck, I'm out of *most* algorithms!

> Nobody knows??

> ---------------
> Jim Cooper

> Any opinions expressed herein are mine (Mine, all mine!  Ha, ha, ha!),
> and not necessarily those of my employer.

> Out of sorts?  Heck, I'm out of *most* algorithms!

Fri, 17 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. New Visual studio .net menu style

2. Add menu to menubar from other program

3. Error Insterting new New ATL Object from Visual Studio

4. Visual Studio desktop layout (Visual Studio/Visual C++ 6)

5. e: *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

6. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

7. Visual Studio 6 back to Visual Studio 5

8. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

9. Adding new suffix rules in MS Development studio

10. ANN: The XtraBars Suite - a 100% C# Based Toolbar/Menu System for Visual Studio.NET

11. Writing a Visual Studio Add-in in C#

12. unable to create new project: Visual Studio C++.net