which of the image formats does VC++ support
Author Message
 which of the image formats does VC++ support
I've been asked to check out which of the image formats does VC++ support. I
went through a little bit of DirectX. I came accross only .BMPs This maakes
sense since image manipulation requires that the image be loaded in a buffer
in decompressed form. Are there any seperate controls which can display
.JPG, .GIF formats etc.  Also, which of the video and audio formats are
directly supported by VC++ ?  Is there any book you can suggest which can
give a good perspective on these issues ? I would also like to know if there
is any Architectural framework provided for GAME programming in VC++.  These
games are interactive but not real time ( {*filter*} GAMES like poker, keno,
baccarat etc.)
Any help on this matter will be highly appreciated.

-Vijay
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vijay Kumar Reddy
www.E-Supportpoint.com

Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 which of the image formats does VC++ support
    Define what you mean by "support".

    o You can write a decode for any image format in VC
    o Any standard third-party ActiveX control for image decode will work in
VC/MFC
    o VC dos not come with a ActiveX control that handles image decoding.
    o MFC does not handle images except for bitmaps.

--
Truth,
   James [MVP]

Quote:
>I've been asked to check out which of the image formats does VC++ support.

Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 which of the image formats does VC++ support
You're really on the wrong track here.  Visual C++ is a C++ compiler.
That's it.  It doesn't inherantly know about any image format.

MFC does have some classes dealing with Bitmaps, but only with limited
support.

Depending on the OS you use, there might be any number of video codec's
available on the system.  Win98 ships with a boatload of video and audio
codecs for decoding various video formats.  Windows NT has far fewer (if
any).

Quote:
> I've been asked to check out which of the image formats does VC++ support.
> went through a little bit of DirectX. I came accross only .BMPs This
maakes
> sense since image manipulation requires that the image be loaded in a
buffer
> in decompressed form. Are there any seperate controls which can display
> .JPG, .GIF formats etc.  Also, which of the video and audio formats are
> directly supported by VC++ ?  Is there any book you can suggest which can
> give a good perspective on these issues ? I would also like to know if
there
> is any Architectural framework provided for GAME programming in VC++.
These
> games are interactive but not real time ( {*filter*} GAMES like poker, keno,
> baccarat etc.)
> Any help on this matter will be highly appreciated.

> -Vijay
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Vijay Kumar Reddy
> www.E-Supportpoint.com

Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 which of the image formats does VC++ support
You can create class and edit C++ code to make an application support any
format

Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. which of the image formats does VC++ support

2. which of the image formats does VC++ support

3. which of the image formats does VC++ support

4. which of the image formats does VC++ support

5. Image format support

6. Image format support

7. long long support VC/VC++ .NET?

8. URI formats not supported???

9. GCC support for DWARF debugging info format now available

10. An Image supporting edit contol

11. Adding format and keyword support

12. source code for *.JPG and other file format support