Custom Build Using MS 6.0 VC++
Author Message
 Custom Build Using MS 6.0 VC++

It's hard to ask this question briefly.
I presume the changes in my base workspace, for a Custom
Build.
Based on environment variable, SCT, being defined or not,
I want to generate two different builds.  The workspace
contains more than 10 projects.  SCT will be defined
exclusively per project.
If SCT is not defined, then CPP and CPP_PROJ or
CPP_SWITCHES are defined normally. That already exists.
But if SCT is defined, I want CPP set to a different .exe,
and I have additional options for CPP_PROJ or CPP_SWITCHES.
I have a little perl script that will do this outside of
the ide, just modifying the exported .mak files.  But most
of my fellow developers do NOT build outside of the IDE.

CG

Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:11:12 GMT
 Custom Build Using MS 6.0 VC++
Hi,

I suggest that you can create a new project configuration. Please open the
project in Visual C++ IDE, select the menu item "Build"->"Configurations",
and click "Add" button to create a new configuration. And then you can set
the custom build according to your project configurations.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
HuangTM

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:11:46 GMT

1. VC++ 6.0 Hangs on Custom Build

2. Building for MSDOS environment using VS 6.0 VC++

3. Using VC++ 6.0 as an automation client to view and print reports from MS Access 97

4. Crash using MS ADO Data Control/MS DataGrid 6.0

5. Upgrading VC 6.0 custom appwizard application to VC .NET

6. VS 6.0 Custom Build Problem

7. How to build setup program for VC application(VC 6.0)

8. VC++4.0 project doesn't build with VC++ 6.0

9. DLL built with VC 6.0 not working with VC 7.0 application

10. Using MS VC++ to access MS Excel Spreadsheet objects

11. Building a custom NET control using Managed Extensions

12. Using the Custom Build...