I want my help back!
Author Message
 I want my help back!

I just installed a FAQ that suppose to integrate with the VC++6 HTML help.
Instead I can't even start my original help at all.  When I try to load the
help system from the VC IDE, all I get is this error:

    "Attempting to use an invalid compiled help (.chm) file"

Any resolution?  I want my help back!

Thanks
Wendy

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 I want my help back!
A little more information would allow us to help you better.

1) Can you tell us more about the install that killed the help file? Have
you tried uninstalling it?

2) have you tried reinstallling VC++6?

3) Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling VC++6?

--

- Barry L. Wallis
- Oceanside, California, USA

Quote:

>I just installed a FAQ that suppose to integrate with the VC++6 HTML help.
>Instead I can't even start my original help at all.  When I try to load the
>help system from the VC IDE, all I get is this error:

>    "Attempting to use an invalid compiled help (.chm) file"

>Any resolution?  I want my help back!

>Thanks
>Wendy

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 I want my help back!
Hi Barry,

Quote:
>A little more information would allow us to help you better.

>1) Can you tell us more about the install that killed the help file? Have
>you tried uninstalling it?

The COMFAQ from Vivid Creations, not too sure what version, the latest one.

Quote:

>2) have you tried reinstallling VC++6?

>3) Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling VC++6?

The error message sounded like that it could be a matter of restoring/fixing
the msdn collection file.

Thanks
Wendy

Quote:

>--

>- Barry L. Wallis
>- Oceanside, California, USA

>>I just installed a FAQ that suppose to integrate with the VC++6 HTML help.
>>Instead I can't even start my original help at all.  When I try to load
the
>>help system from the VC IDE, all I get is this error:

>>    "Attempting to use an invalid compiled help (.chm) file"

>>Any resolution?  I want my help back!

>>Thanks
>>Wendy

Fri, 28 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Off topic: advice wanted on project back up software

2. Time help, (giving back some help)

3. ans = getchar(); back to back (gcc-2.95)

4. Longjmping back, and back again; Coroutines in C

5. --How to get back systray icon back when explorer started again

6. Help wanted on Help and context Help

7. Help wanted with HTML Help !

8. Please help me get my visual c++ files back

9. Back Tracking HELP!!!!

10. HELP: get back the blocked signals

11. Can you help (was Jumping then jumping back again)

12. Loop back? PLEASE HELP