Default Icon
Author Message

My project initially had only one icon resource and that
automatically became the icon used by the .exe. Now I've
added a few more icon resources and the default icon of
the .exe is no longer the one I originally had. How do I
specify the icon resource to be used as the default icon
for the .exe

Cheers,

Ryan.

Fri, 12 Aug 2005 07:02:12 GMT

Quote:
> My project initially had only one icon resource and that
> automatically became the icon used by the .exe. Now I've
> added a few more icon resources and the default icon of
> the .exe is no longer the one I originally had. How do I
> specify the icon resource to be used as the default icon
> for the .exe

According to John Hornick in his article, "Icons In Win32"...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwu...

"...an application, ... should insure that both...: 1) The icon is
placed before all other icons in the RC file, 2) If the icon is named,
its name is alphabetically before any other named icon, otherwise its
resource identifier is numerically smaller than any other icon".

--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

Fri, 12 Aug 2005 07:16:19 GMT

1. Default Icon Hell: MFC Icon appears even after file and IDR_MAINFRAME changed

2. Rendering of default icon

3. Default icon setting with user defined file extension

4. Console Applications ran from service have default icons???

5. Help changing the default Icon after/at Compiling?

6. How to obtain default icons

7. How to modify default icon for titlebar?

8. Application default icon

9. Getting default icon for a file type

10. HOWTO change the MFC default icon in SDI

11. Replacing default icon in app titlebar

12. Load Default ICON