can not watch local Variables in debuger
Author Message
 can not watch local Variables in debuger

Can any body help me?

MSVC 5.0

in this sample:

DCB *pDebug_dbc;

BOOL ComPort::SetPortParameter(DCB dcb)
{
        pDebug_dbc = &dcb;

        CString str;
        int x;
        CString str2 = "ABC";
        str = "XYZ";
        DCB dcb2;

        x = 1;

        GetCommState( hCommDev, &dcb );  // only for Debug

I can not watch local Variables except the int x.
I can watch the global Variable pDebug_dbc and the Member hCommDev but
not the locals.
In the Locals Pannel it means  CXX0004: Error: syntax error for each
local except the int x!
In the Quickwatch and in the  Watch-Window it means CXX0017: Error:
symbol "str" not found (str for example).
Also, no tolltip appers in sourcewindow and in disassembly-Window.

I am debuging a DLL in witch is the Problem. The App i use to
debugging, the locals can be watched as normaly.

Have any body an idea?
---
regards Franz

Sat, 07 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 can not watch local Variables in debuger

Quote:

>Can any body help me?

More Information:

Also all Members they are Structures or Classes can not be watched.
Only basic types, such as int, long, handle an so on can be watched.
---
Gru? vom Franz

Sat, 07 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Watching global vs. local variable w/ same name

2. Watch a local static variable outside of function?

3. Variable data not showing in watch windows

4. Watch does not display derived class variables

5. local static variables not able to be displayed by debugger under Windows XP

6. Variables in Variables / Watch window

7. How to convert local time to gmt using a local variable time zone per process/thread

8. locals window not showing all locals

9. static local variables vs global variables

10. About local variables and variable size???

11. BUG BUG BUG watch variable

12. TC++ 3.0 Debug, Watching pointer variables