Changing the icon of an exe using Visual Studio
Author Message
 Changing the icon of an exe using Visual Studio

Hi,

I'm trying to change the icon of an existing EXE (for which I don't
have the source code)...

http://www.*-*-*.com/

...and was wondering if it's possible using
Visual Studio.  If I drag the EXE into Visual Studio, I get a list
of resources and I can change it's icon, but when I save the EXE
back out again, something else has changed because when I try
to run it, I get the error...

"The installer cannot be run from your Windows directory."

instead of the usual...

"The screen saver was installed successfully."

Am I doing something wrong, or not doing something I should?  Or
is it just not possible to change an EXE's icon using Visual Studio?

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Hunt

Sun, 02 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need to get the full path of my EXE when using Visual Studio

2. using icon from Visual Studio

3. Visual Studio desktop layout (Visual Studio/Visual C++ 6)

4. e: *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

5. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

6. Visual Studio 6 back to Visual Studio 5

7. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

8. Can't reference .exe-files in Visual Studio

9. RegSvr32.exe and Visual Studio SP 5

10. Adding Icon in standard Win32 exe wriitten in MS Visual C++

11. How Change Output Filename under Visual Studio .NET!

12. Changing .exe icons