linker option: using /opt:ref with /ZI
Author Message
 linker option: using /opt:ref with /ZI

hi,
is it possible to use the linker option /opt:ref with the /ZI option under
vc6?
when using /opt it seems to disable the /ZI (edit and continue debug).

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 linker option: using /opt:ref with /ZI
I wouldn't be surprised if they were incompatible. The purpose of
/optref is to aggressively remove all unecessary code and data, in order
to prepare your executable for final shipment. The purpose of edit
and continue is to facilitate debugging and in order to allow this it
needs to leave space in the executable and pack in extra information.
They are logically contradictory.

You should use /ZI for debug builds and /optref for release builds.

Quote:

--
.Bruce Dawson, Cavedog Entertainment.
Makers of Total Annihilation - http://www.cavedog.com

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. question on Linker option /opt:ref

2. OPT:REF problem

3. LNK4089 warnings with /OPT:REF

4. LNK4089 warnings with /OPT:REF

5. discarded by /OPT:REF

6. Suppressing /OPT:REF warnings

7. DebuggableAttribute & /Zi option

8. Edit and Continuer (/ZI option)

9. Missing VC++.NET Compiler and Linker Options tab

10. Q:linker options

11. linker option!

12. VC Linker Options