Visual Studio Add-in - command handler function
Author Message
 Visual Studio Add-in - command handler function

I have developed an add-in for the Visual Studio.  There are command handler
functions associated with the toolbar buttons - everything works fine.

The problem I am having is:  Instead of one command handler function for
each
button, I would like to use only one handler function for all the toolbar
buttons,
(i.e. I want the same command handler function to be called regardless of
which
button is clicked,) and this could be done pretty easy.  But the real
problem is
once the command handler function is called, I have no way of knowing which
button is clicked, since VS does not propagate this info to the command
handler
function.  Does anyone knows how to accomplish this?  Any help will be
greatly
appreciated.

-SKL

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 06:22:59 GMT
 Visual Studio Add-in - command handler function
someone was in here earlier(or maybe it was vstudio.development) that wanted
one function and they came up w/ a way to check the text of the button and
in turn changed what happened depending on that, check the backlog

but exactly why do you only want one function?

marc

Quote:
> I have developed an add-in for the Visual Studio.  There are command
handler
> functions associated with the toolbar buttons - everything works fine.

> The problem I am having is:  Instead of one command handler function for
> each
> button, I would like to use only one handler function for all the toolbar
> buttons,
> (i.e. I want the same command handler function to be called regardless of
> which
> button is clicked,) and this could be done pretty easy.  But the real
> problem is
> once the command handler function is called, I have no way of knowing
which
> button is clicked, since VS does not propagate this info to the command
> handler
> function.  Does anyone knows how to accomplish this?  Any help will be
> greatly
> appreciated.

> -SKL

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 20:58:13 GMT
 Visual Studio Add-in - command handler function
The reason that I want only one command handler is because
my add-in dynamically queries the available tools as well as
the toolbar image resources from the backend  server. Since
the number of toolbar buttons could be changed so that is
why I would like to have only one generic command handler
function and be able to tell which button is clicked, so I could
pass the command id to the backend function to carry out a
specific task.

Quote:
> someone was in here earlier(or maybe it was vstudio.development) that
wanted
> one function and they came up w/ a way to check the text of the button and
> in turn changed what happened depending on that, check the backlog

> but exactly why do you only want one function?

> marc

> > I have developed an add-in for the Visual Studio.  There are command
> handler
> > functions associated with the toolbar buttons - everything works fine.

> > The problem I am having is:  Instead of one command handler function for
> > each
> > button, I would like to use only one handler function for all the
toolbar
> > buttons,
> > (i.e. I want the same command handler function to be called regardless
of
> > which
> > button is clicked,) and this could be done pretty easy.  But the real
> > problem is
> > once the command handler function is called, I have no way of knowing
> which
> > button is clicked, since VS does not propagate this info to the command
> > handler
> > function.  Does anyone knows how to accomplish this?  Any help will be
> > greatly
> > appreciated.

> > -SKL

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 00:55:44 GMT
 Visual Studio Add-in - command handler function

Quote:
> I have developed an add-in for the Visual Studio.  There are command
handler
> functions associated with the toolbar buttons - everything works fine.

> The problem I am having is:  Instead of one command handler function for
> each
> button, I would like to use only one handler function for all the toolbar
> buttons,
> (i.e. I want the same command handler function to be called regardless of
> which
> button is clicked,) and this could be done pretty easy.  But the real
> problem is
> once the command handler function is called, I have no way of knowing
which
> button is clicked, since VS does not propagate this info to the command
> handler
> function.  Does anyone knows how to accomplish this?  Any help will be
> greatly
> appreciated.

> -SKL

Look for Subject "addin" a while ago (03/06/01). If you come up with a
solution, please notify me or post an update.

tnx pieter;

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 02:06:09 GMT
 Visual Studio Add-in - command handler function

Quote:
> someone was in here earlier(or maybe it was vstudio.development) that
wanted
> one function and they came up w/ a way to check the text of the button and

They are not buttons, the whole toolbar is one window.

Quote:
> in turn changed what happened depending on that, check the backlog

> but exactly why do you only want one function?

> marc

> > I have developed an add-in for the Visual Studio.  There are command
> handler
> > functions associated with the toolbar buttons - everything works fine.

> > The problem I am having is:  Instead of one command handler function for
> > each
> > button, I would like to use only one handler function for all the
toolbar
> > buttons,
> > (i.e. I want the same command handler function to be called regardless
of
> > which
> > button is clicked,) and this could be done pretty easy.  But the real
> > problem is
> > once the command handler function is called, I have no way of knowing
> which
> > button is clicked, since VS does not propagate this info to the command
> > handler
> > function.  Does anyone knows how to accomplish this?  Any help will be
> > greatly
> > appreciated.

> > -SKL

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 02:07:41 GMT

1. Visual Studio desktop layout (Visual Studio/Visual C++ 6)

2. e: *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

3. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

4. Visual Studio 6 back to Visual Studio 5

5. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

6. Trouble connecting visual studio 6.0 debugger to a running process compiled on the command line

7. Command Line builds with Visual Studio 6.0

8. Visual Studio command line

9. Writing a Visual Studio Add-in in C#

10. ANN: AnkhSVN, A Subversion addin for Visual Studio .NET

11. Visual Studio Add-Ins...

12. addin for visual studio 6